Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2023, 06:18 PM   #1

Kenda K761s on Hawk 250 question

I just ordered both front and rear and realized after they both say "tubeless tire" but I've read I should use a tube with the hawk 250?

I looked up adding tubes to tubeless tires and it's not reccomended? The article was mostly referring to car tires, though...

Did I get the wrong tires? I triple-checked rim and tire sizes...

Front -
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/knt-047612108b1
Rear - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/knt-047611879b1

So do I need to cancel the order and change tires, or do I need to go ahead and order some tubes to fit these tires?

Also I bent my front rim so if anyone knows where I can get one cheaper than $120 (CSC's price w/spokes) lemme know. I can't seem to find this size anywhere.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:44 PM   #2

Adding a tube to a tubeless type tire is normal on motorcycles, and in your case the only option.

Inner tubes have not been used on cars in a very, very long time and a lot of internet articles are parroting old information with no understanding from the alleged "author" regarding what they're actually talking about...

You will find that a wide variety of tire models in sizes we need for our (and many other) bikes are not available as tube-type anymore. There's no sense in a manufacturer making both a tubeless and tube-type in the same size, since you can use a tubeless tire on a spoked rim that needs a tube by putting a tube in it, but not the other way around.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_dgz View Post
Adding a tube to a tubeless type tire is normal on motorcycles, and in your case the only option.

Inner tubes have not been used on cars in a very, very long time and a lot of internet articles are parroting old information with no understanding from the alleged "author" regarding what they're actually talking about...

You will find that a wide variety of tire models in sizes we need for our (and many other) bikes are not available as tube-type anymore. There's no sense in a manufacturer making both a tubeless and tube-type in the same size, since you can use a tubeless tire on a spoked rim that needs a tube by putting a tube in it, but not the other way around.
Nice! That's what I needed to know. Thanks!