Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #1

Indiana title/register

I was able to title & register an LF250 in Indiana w/o much difficulty. The MSO sent with the bike worked even though it did not have control numbers or security paper.

The biggest thing was the bill-of-sale. It didn't have the seller's name anywhere on it. They had to call in about it, but headquarters told them just to take it. If not, I could have just had the seller fill out and fax back the Indiana bill-of-sale form.

I feel sorry for the people in MD. Their BMV or certain individuals are just being difficult. They could accept the "generic" Lifan MSO, if they wanted to.

All states' BMVs belong to the AAMVA. They have guidlines for MSO structure and content, but they are not binding and are only recommendations. See more here: http://www.aamva.org/KnowledgeCenter...teofOrigin.htm

Old 06-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #2

Indiana Registration

Yep... I had absolutly no problems either. However, they did comment on the "wierd" format of the MSO. The other thing they did was the usual inspection. When I pointed them to the VIN on the tag (on the swing arm) she said that it must be stamped on the frame... so we went searching and finally found it on the handle bar neck on the frame.

The even took my PayPal receipt for a bill of sale. She said as long as it had the seller and the price, that's all they needed.

I was in and out within 10 minutes.

Bill