Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #1

Ricky Power Sports ?

Hello Chinariders,

I and my 2 freind are interested in the Hawk. We sent emails and filled out the contact form on rickypowersports.com and therps.net got no reply back and 1 freind called and got answering system. Anyone have a list of dealers in our area. 2 of us live in Ohio and the other in Indiana and we ride in Michigan.
We want to kick the tires and jump up and down on it - check the Hawk out.
Any help appreciated.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy. View Post
Hello Chinariders,

I and my 2 freind are interested in the Hawk. We sent emails and filled out the contact form on rickypowersports.com and therps.net got no reply back and 1 freind called and got answering system. Anyone have a list of dealers in our area. 2 of us live in Ohio and the other in Indiana and we ride in Michigan.
We want to kick the tires and jump up and down on it - check the Hawk out.
Any help appreciated.
there's a guy on here that works for the distributor. see this thread for info:
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15269

I suggest you search online similar to what I did and have it shipped to you for assembly. as long as you are a competent shade tree mechanic you can put one together. search for threads. I just posted a lot of pics of my build.

this was the cheapest price I found for a RPS Hawk in my searches:
https://www.txpowersports.com/New_ha...bike-250cc.htm

I got mine from Superior Powersports in California. However, they are not listing the Hawk any longer. I noticed that at the Killer Motorsports site too.
http://www.superiorpowersports.com/category_s/145.htm

Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #3

Thank you for the info Sport Rider Maybe Adam Renkliff from RPS will post a list of dealers if he sees this post. The key word in maybe because I see he does not reply to many post.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #4

I can get the Hawk shipped to you, send me a private message with your contact info.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #5

After rereading my post Adam Renkliff sent me a private message saying no dealers in this part of the country but would like to find a dealer that would be interested in selling RPS products.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #6

I would not be overly concerned about a dealer. this bike is so basic that most anyone can work on it. here in my area, I have a privateer mechanic that works on my other bikes. I was in his shop and he had a little dirt bike sitting there that was not a china bike, but the setup was the same. find a shop in your area like that and you'd be fine.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy. View Post
After rereading my post Adam Renkliff sent me a private message saying no dealers in this part of the country but would like to find a dealer that would be interested in selling RPS products.
tommy, RPS is going to have a very hard time finding established powersports dealers that would sell RPS products. Not one of my customers would ever sign the RPS dealer application. Also they should have a startup application for people that want to start a powersports shop, that may help build a RPS dealer network.

RPS dealer application.
http://therps.net/Reference/RPS%20De...20v%202016.pdf

If you like to wrench on bikes, have the time (some knowledge carburetors may be needed), build a Hawk. I like my Vipers and Hawks, but I had to put some time into them to make them run like I wanted. Just remember you get what you pay for.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #8

Hey fitze what is the concern about signing the app to become an RPS dealer? I'm looking into it but I'm still doing research.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Hey fitze what is the concern about signing the app to become an RPS dealer? I'm looking into it but I'm still doing research.
pistolclass, what do you sell now at your powersports shop and your location is ?

This is a riders forum not a china business forum. They don't want to here what I have to say about the powersports business

Send me a private message and I will tell you about my concerns, not just with the application, but also the way they are doing business.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #10

Mine arrived last and got it put together and fired up. Pleased with it so far but I only road it 1.5 miles because I was tired and it was 20 outside! They are suppose to be sending me a completed MCO so maybe I can get it tagged next week. Only fault I would have is the lack of assembly instructions (which I down loaded from here and I thank the person who put here).

Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbath View Post
Mine arrived last and got it put together and fired up. Pleased with it so far but I only road it 1.5 miles because I was tired and it was 20 outside! They are suppose to be sending me a completed MCO so maybe I can get it tagged next week. Only fault I would have is the lack of assembly instructions (which I down loaded from here and I thank the person who put here).
Congratulations. If you have time, please start a new thread on your bike, and post some photos. We love photos.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Welcome and congrats!

X2 on pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Did you buy it online of from a local dealer?

Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #14

Online through RPS.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Online through RPS.
RPS has online order site ? Could you post the link please.