Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2021, 05:50 PM   #1

Are the CSC TT250 and Hawk Engines / Swing Arms Interchangeable?

Hey everyone. It's been awhile. At the end of last winter I may have fried the 2018 CSC TT250 engine. I was doing donuts in the snow and the engine started knocking really loud. Not exactly sure what I did. The bike has sat in the back of my garage for the last year and I'm finally getting around to working on it.

Not sure what's up with the motor, was thinking an engine swap might be easier than a a tear down and rebuild. I also need to replace the swing arm. After checking out the CSC website a new engine and swing arm would cost me about the same as a new Hawk.

Looking at the bikes they look identical. I then priced a Hawk replacement engine and they're like half the price of a CSC engine. Has anyone replaced the CSC engine with a Hawk engine?

If so will the wiring harness just plug right in?
Motor mounts line up?
Carb intake line up?
Would I need to make a ton of modifications?

Looking at images on the internet they look almost identical. Replacing the CSC parts with Hawk parts would save me a fortune!

It seems the Hawk swing arm is also $200 cheaper than the CSC. Anyone swap out swing arms?

My final consideration on this is that I live in NY and have heard Hawks can be difficult to register. I was thinking maybe buy a new Hawk, and transfer everything over to the CSC frame. Registrtion goes by VIN # and if the parts are interchangeable I could just use the CSC frame if I couldn't get the Hawk registered and plated here. Plus I'd have a good parts bike with everything left over from the old CSC.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. I'd really like to buy the $400 Hawk engine and the $90 swing arm and be done with it.

Thanks for the help. This forum is always appreciated and has been a life saver in the past.

Tags
csc, csc tt250, hawk, rps, tt250