Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2020, 09:52 AM   #1

Doh! Spark plugs 2 uneven coloring.

Title says it all. When I pull my plug to see how she's burning. It seems to be a nice dark color on one side and white on the opposite side. Is this common? Am I reading into this tuning too much? Is my valve adjustment off allowing for a uneven burn or something to that extent? Just curious!?

Old 10-08-2020, 10:51 AM   #2

You mean like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spark 1.JPG (183.6 KB, 383 views)

Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #3

I don't know how you are uploading photos. I'm over trying though. One side is black and sooty the opposite side is white and looks lean.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #4

The porcelain part. That plug looks right on. I can't get that color for the life of me. It's either too rich or completely white with no sign of ignition. I'm over trying to tune this bike. I've been trying to tune it correctly for a year now lol.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #5

I know the frustration. I have one right know I am trying to tune covered with black soot no matter what I do and acts the same with two separate carburetors. The top end looks good, it just loads up at lower speed.

Old 10-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #6

I'm pretty sure it doesn't help I'm semi ocd lol. I had it perfect last summer. I'm gonna throw my 25pilot and 115/117.5 and mess around with those combos. It's getting colder so I thought going a little richer would be better. That's why my current jetting is the 27.5pilot/120main. Too rich I believe though. I was going richer due to the pod filter but I took that off and put the stock filter back on. My fingers are sore from turning these bolts�� All part of the China bike lifestyle!

Old 10-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #7

Carburetor tuning is definitely the China lifestyle. I have almost worn out my intake boots swapping carbs. A PZ30 created that plug color of all carburetors. As far as the picture upload I thought I would just try it and right clicked on the picture then chose resize and selected a smaller format and it worked. The picture is about 183 mb think.

Old 10-09-2020, 11:54 PM   #8

Hey brozzanator throw up all the mods you have done to the bike as well as your altitude please

Old 10-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #9

Hey gwowzer! I took the snorkel off the air box, crf230 exhaust, ngk register plug, non resistor boot. 17f40r gearing. Not that gearing matters lol I looked up my elevation it said 196 ft. I took it out today with the 25 pilot/115 main 1 1/2 turns out on the air fuel screw and middle position on my needle jet. It seems to love this jetting but has a slight hesitation right when you give it a little gas. Also my plug seems to be light. It has some color but still seems lean compared to the normal honey/beige color I'm looking for. I'm on my phone as well so there is no right click for the picture option. I'm going to try and get a occur in here for you guys

Old 10-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrozzanator View Post
Hey gwowzer! I took the snorkel off the air box, crf230 exhaust, ngk register plug, non resistor boot. 17f40r gearing. Not that gearing matters lol I looked up my elevation it said 196 ft. I took it out today with the 25 pilot/115 main 1 1/2 turns out on the air fuel screw and middle position on my needle jet. It seems to love this jetting but has a slight hesitation right when you give it a little gas. Also my plug seems to be light. It has some color but still seems lean compared to the normal honey/beige color I'm looking for. I'm on my phone as well so there is no right click for the picture option. I'm going to try and get a occur in here for you guys
where did you get the 40 tooth rear sprocket from?
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 10-10-2020, 06:13 PM   #11

Also the fakuni everybody goes with. I have a Nibbi Pwk28mm and pe28 style I wanna mess around with but the fitment is horrible and would take more then the usual modding to get it to fit without hitting the frame. As for the rear sprocket it's the same sprockets used for the hawks. It's a JT sprocket. I'm not on a computer so it's not as easy to plug the link lol.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #12

https://radpaul.weebly.com/brozz-and-hawk-250.html. That site has a lot of links and the sprocket you need.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:18 AM   #13

After pondering the problem for all of 5 seconds these are my thoughts..

The plug goes in the head on a angle....
one side is towards the combustion chamber the other towards
the piston...
then you could also bring the valves into the equation..
one side of the plug faces a colder inlet valve... the other
faces a hot exhaust valve...
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 10-11-2020, 01:04 AM   #14

So I shouldn't be worried about seeing half and half colored spark plugs? Or my plug is going in on an angle and that means my head is stripped not allowing the plug to sit properly? I'm not that worried new project coming in about a week. 2021kp mini! So the Brozz is being converted to all dirt stuff. I'm going to beat that thing to hell for the second half of it's life. I babied it the first half.