Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2021, 08:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
the green with ring terminal should be a chassis ground and the yellow black you're holding Im not sure. (maybe rear brake light or something)

but the wires coming out of the relay and connected to the loom are yellow&red and green correct?

all you need then is a heavy gauge wire from the bare relay terminal post to you starter motor insulated terminal post.

Yellow-red and green-red from the relay yes.

Thank you for all the help!

Figuring out what the 3 spark plug wires connect to on the loom is my next task. I know one of the plugs is for a tacometer bit I’m not worried about that one. The other 2 wires were burned up and dangling so I don’t know what they go to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4DD7B831-2E06-4C6A-86D3-97A34BAC126B.jpeg (131.2 KB, 109 views)
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 11-27-2021, 08:31 PM   #32

The white wire was the taco meter (rpm). The green and black one I don’t know what they go to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 24E8E3D5-B9E8-49E8-AA4C-FF33CE8A1FD4.jpeg (135.0 KB, 110 views)
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 11-27-2021, 08:45 PM   #33

green wires are ground/earth wires.

Solid black wires should be 12v ignition feed.

where they went i don't know either...

Are you sure its a solid black wire...no other colour?

Old 11-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #34

Quote:
green wires are ground/earth wires.

Solid black wires should be 12v ignition feed.

where they went i don't know either...

Are you sure its a solid black wire...no other colour?
Solid black and solid green for sure. I assume they ran to whatever the spark plug coil needed to interact with. Whatever that is.

Old 11-28-2021, 01:02 AM   #35

you might want to trace that black wire back to it's source point.

If it is a 12v ignition feed then it would have shorted out on the green earth wire when the key was turned on which would explain its frazzled situation.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #36

Quote:

If it is a 12v ignition feed then it would have shorted out on the green earth wire when the key was turned on which would explain its frazzled situation.
The black and green are OEM so they’ll go somewhere. I wonder if they were part of the keyless/alarm spaghetti.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #37

Quote:

Ahh, those 3 wires are all burned. The green looks to be the ground for the spark plug coil, the black is the live wire coming out of the spark plug coil and the white was Sambo tach was spliced into. No worries there.

At the back side of the starter is a large green OEM O-ring wire. What does that ground to? The cluster in this photo I’m guessing is the OEM stator wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FD46750D-D2D5-4056-A55B-EBB9F88A6B41.jpeg (122.0 KB, 95 views)

Old 11-28-2021, 12:08 PM   #38

Ok thanks for the help. I just found out the hard way that the new stator for the China bikes has to be an 8 pole and not a GY6 6 pole. I’m going to return this kit to Amazon and just bite the big bullet with the OEM kit so that everything will work out with least headaches.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:02 PM   #39

Alrighty, my actual Bashan Storm OEM wiring harness showed up and I am just waiting on the OEM rectifier any day now. I have started to piece the electrical back together. Is this solenoid wiring correct or is something missing or backwards?

Also any photos y’all can share of your battery cables, grounds and electric wiring on your Storm would be too helpful. It’s having to be reworked 100% from scratch and if I can just get the motor started and running the rest I believe will fall in to place.

I remember the alarm system being hooked up correctly decided if the bike would start or not. We may have to find a way to ground/live around it because mine is all kinds of fried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2CE14994-E0B6-4FEB-81E1-71FC3346779D.jpeg (28.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpeg E50622CE-C9E8-4545-954F-E2080DC3D962.jpeg (58.6 KB, 69 views)

Old 02-18-2022, 05:11 PM   #40

Is there anybody out there?

Just nod if you can hear me, is there anyone home?

I rewired the ignition and got the loom hooked up aside from the rectifier which is still in shipping somewhere. I tried to get the starter to crank but not hood happening. I’m guessing these bikes won’t start w/o a rectifier installed?

Or my second guess is the alarm/keyless box on these bikes is causing a problem.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:20 PM   #41

I understand 1 of these rings is screwed down with the rectifier but where does the other one go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 602A583D-7268-4369-8F22-8EA6E856242F.jpeg (35.5 KB, 50 views)

Old 02-18-2022, 06:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipToothy View Post
I understand 1 of these rings is screwed down with the rectifier but where does the other one go?
As long as it is making contact with the frame "earthed" you are good to go..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 02-18-2022, 09:53 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
As long as it is making contact with the frame "earthed" you are good to go..

So they are both ground wires? I was worried the black one was supposed to reach the battery.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:03 AM   #44

There's only one negative battery cable terminal on the bike. On most bikes the negative cable is split: one leg of it goes to the negative on the starter motor and the other leg is just bolted to the frame. Modern vehicles including Chinese bikes are "chassis ground," in that the entire frame of the vehicle is literally directly connected to the negative post on the battery and is part of the circuit. Anything that needs to go to ground can just be attached straight to the frame, and sometimes OEM components do just that.

Old 02-19-2022, 11:46 AM   #45

A small sign of hope. It’s trying to start!

https://youtube.com/shorts/DZ8Edq6G-tU?feature=share