Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #31

Fleetwood looked like the older gen Storm 250 actually. We got it $1625 to the door and that was definitely the cheapest possible. Has the inverted forks, rear disc and slightly different/better headlight and farings. Didn't look close enough last night.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #32

You can't go wrong with the Hawk. It's been proven a reliable bike when properly assembled and maintained. What I liked about mine was it was like buying a kit bike and customizing it to my liking. While waiting for your bike to come in I would read through Megadan's thread to familiarize yourself with what to look for while assembling the bike. Just take your time and go through the whole bike and it will last a long time.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #33

Oh No Still no Hawk, lost or missing.

Here is my experience so far:

I ordered a Red Hawk from Q9 Powersports.
They were pretty easy to get a hold of and knowledgeable.
The told me to call for a tracking number in 2 days and I called back and got it.

Road Runner is the carrier. It was shipped from Texas went to Indiana, then to Chicago. It was unloaded on July 1st from carrier truck, and supposed to be reloaded onto new carrier truck headed towards me.

After calling road runner a few times, they basically said it was unloaded, but not reloaded/transferred onto the new truck and is more or less missing. They are requesting a search for the box at the Chicago location and if they do not find in a few days I have to report it stolen or lost and request a refund.

So overall decent experience with Q9 Powersports so far, but shipping not going so well currently.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBD View Post
Here is my experience so far:

I ordered a Red Hawk from Q9 Powersports.
They were pretty easy to get a hold of and knowledgeable.
The told me to call for a tracking number in 2 days and I called back and got it.

Road Runner is the carrier. It was shipped from Texas went to Indiana, then to Chicago. It was unloaded on July 1st from carrier truck, and supposed to be reloaded onto new carrier truck headed towards me.

After calling road runner a few times, they basically said it was unloaded, but not reloaded/transferred onto the new truck and is more or less missing. They are requesting a search for the box at the Chicago location and if they do not find in a few days I have to report it stolen or lost and request a refund.

So overall decent experience with Q9 Powersports so far, but shipping not going so well currently.
Typical shipping problem with most of these companies. Only trucking company I know that has there stuff together is Saia motor freight. Most of the rest of them will screw it up one way or another. Good luck.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Typical shipping problem with most of these companies. Only trucking company I know that has there stuff together is Saia motor freight. Most of the rest of them will screw it up one way or another. Good luck.
It is really unbelievable how these companies stay in business. Do they do this with every kind of package or just China bikes? I know they don't pay the people doing the actual work very good. That would make them not give a crap about how or when they get to the packages.But the bad business should make people not use their services. If I was selling something, I would use only the best shipping company.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:45 AM   #36

Quote:

Road Runner is the carrier.
Not to dishearten you, but that right there is the problem.

Roadrunner Transportation is a terrible company. Massive debt combined with poor management. They have a reputation of losing or damaging freight and are in serious financial trouble because of it.

If they do happen to find it, do NOT sign the paperwork until you inspect the bike for damage. If it is damaged, refuse delivery.

It may sound like a silly reason to some people, but the specific reason I bought BOTH of my Hawks from Killermotorsports was because they ship with SAIA. I probably sound like a broken record, but SAIA is THE best LTL carrier out there. Evidenced by the fact that both of my Hawks arrived on time and in perfect working order.

If you do have to get a refund and re-order, ask them if they can ship through SAIA. R&L Carriers would be my second pick.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
If you do have to get a refund and re-order, ask them if they can ship through SAIA. R&L Carriers would be my second pick.
R&L Carriers did some major damage on my daughter UTV. Destroyed the pallet it was sitting on, busted one of the front tires, completely destroyed the KC lights, and ripped the canvas top. Luckily Don with APSCUSA sent out replacement parts so I wouldn't have to deal with a damage claim with the trucking company.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
R&L Carriers did some major damage on my daughter UTV. Destroyed the pallet it was sitting on, busted one of the front tires, completely destroyed the KC lights, and ripped the canvas top. Luckily Don with APSCUSA sent out replacement parts so I wouldn't have to deal with a damage claim with the trucking company.
That is why they would be my second pick. I have had better luck with R&L than many others, but they aren't perfect either. SAIA isn't without fault from time to time, but they definitely have a better overall success rate with not damaging things. My pallet on my new Hawk was falling apart, and the box had a couple of holes in it that scared me a little, but the bike was unscathed.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #39

i got the hawk ,i went with tx they would have had my bike from texas to Nh from a monday ship friday i got my mco shipped out on wed like 3 days for paper work has to be good ,my problem came with upc frieght ,then a crated bike ,but the ups guy was a total ass ,i should have made hime pull right up to the bridge closest to my house ,good thing i had some good 2 4 wheel dollys ,thinking back an tar road otherwise i did get the bike in the 6 buseness day or 7 day,

we have bridge drivers dont wont to cross some will some wont ,but if they back right up to the bridge the 2x closer to my house like an 1/8th instead of 1/4th mile,it was blish down an up a few slopes ,this was the only reason i wanted full assembley wich one still needs to do pdi on

it was 115.00 more at the time most get 200.00 an more ,just to make pushing the bike home ,other then the ups being a dik, tx was supportive answered the phone right there an refunded the amounts or near 200.00 for some reason its al that matters it i got mine for 1259.00 something like that

Last edited by Hawk 229cc; 07-13-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #40

Hopefully good news

I talked to roadrunner today and they say they located the crate. They say its now loaded and ready to go on its next leg of trip soon. It’s Friday so they say it will probably leave Monday. So it looks like it will have sat in one spot for 15 days.

When i saw it sit for over 10 days i thought i should inquire and so they looked for it and found it. I don’t know if they would have looked if I didn’t call.

I wonder if they wait for a truck to fill untol its moved. If so I would much rather hear the truth,” its going to be a while this is economy shipping and truck not full yet.”

Either way it sounds unusual for it to sit for what looks like will be 15 days in one spot. I’m just glad they found it. Summer’s passing by...

Old 07-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #41

I hope it gets to you quickly, Gary. I also hope it's in perfect condition.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #42

Quote:
I talked to roadrunner today and they say they located the crate. They say its now loaded and ready to go on its next leg of trip soon. It’s Friday so they say it will probably leave Monday. So it looks like it will have sat in one spot for 15 days.

When i saw it sit for over 10 days i thought i should inquire and so they looked for it and found it. I don’t know if they would have looked if I didn’t call.

I wonder if they wait for a truck to fill untol its moved. If so I would much rather hear the truth,” its going to be a while this is economy shipping and truck not full yet.”

Either way it sounds unusual for it to sit for what looks like will be 15 days in one spot. I’m just glad they found it. Summer’s passing by...

part of cheap shipping mabey wrong truck,yes mine got put on the wrong truck an spent the weekend in penn, an one of my crate poles was bent too within 2 inches of the exhaust pretty close couse it was like 6 inches when striaght .so make sure you check it,if you can pull the cardboard off an get a good look before you sign pop the 2 straps an the cardboard comes right off fast an can go right back on ,so dont let the driver tell you cant pull it off ,few more inches an mine would have got hit by a fork lift ,the poles dont bend too easyer either so it had to be a fork lift at some point but it was ok i, ups freight were not on the ball at all ,an the driver was the worst i ever seen ,so you should be fine,most are not like that guy ,enjoy your bike too

Old 07-16-2018, 03:13 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk 229cc View Post
ups freight were not on the ball at all
Those of us inside the trucking and shipping industry tend to call UPS Freight "OOPS" for a reason.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #44

If you don’t mind, could you explain the registration process when the time comes? I too am in WV, and planning on buying a hawk.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Those of us inside the trucking and shipping industry tend to call UPS Freight "OOPS" for a reason.
60 years ago we called it "Untied Parcel Service". Also for a reason. We got much better service from the "Railway Express Agency".

Tags
250cc, dealers, enduro, hawk