Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #31

Re: 21" front tire for Zong200

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudrider
Hello Spud,

Will the Roketa DB-07A(RSX-200E)(LXY), 21" front wheel fit the Zong Sierra 200? You mentioned you purchased one in '09 but ended up lacing another one yourself. Did the Roketa wheel not fit on your bike? Did it come with the hub and the brake disc? I am thinking on ordering one to replace my original front wheel for a 21". The problem is that with an 18" on the back, and the same on the front, I am constantly sliding forward on the seat. Maybe the bike was not designed to be on supermoto configuration. So, i am hoping that with a 21" on the front, the seat will be better level.

Thanks for you help!
CR~
The Roketa, DB-07A front wheel uses the same front hub as the Zongshen 200GY-2 (Sierra). Therefore, the DB-07A front wheel will fit the Zongshen motorcycle. I could have mounted the Roketa front wheel to my bike, but I wanted a lighter, alloy rim; that's why I laced a Warp9 rim to the hub.

If you check the Roketa website you will discover you can buy the complete front wheel, minus the brake rotor. If you don't want to transfer the brake rotor from your current wheel, you can also buy a new brake rotor from Roketa.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #32

Thank you very much Spud for clarifying this information for me. I will order the 21" front wheel from Roketa. I figure I will need to extend the kickstand now too. I will post some pics once it is done. My Zong Sierra is going strong and I am always amazed how good this bike is. Thanks again for providing so much support for us the Zong Sierra owners.

Take care a happy rides!
CR~

Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #33

You're welcome, CR.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-13-2018, 12:05 AM   #34

Finding Front Spokes for Qlink XR200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Doing some research to help another forum member, I discovered a 21-inch, front wheel that fits my Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle! Looking at close-up photographs on the Roketa website, it appeared to me the Roketa DB-07A motorcycle used the exact same hub as my Zongshen motorcycle.
Does anyone know where I might be able to find these spokes? I have a rim, I just need the front spoke set for my '06 Qlink XR200.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #35

Is the Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 still available? I like the way it looks and I'd like to check one out.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:31 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Today the snow melted some more, and the temperature climbed to plus 40 degrees Fahrenheit; therefore, I had the opportunity to take my Zong for a 65-mile test ride I am very pleased to report my new, 21-inch, front wheel handled superbly!

The larger wheel seems to soften the bumps, even on the pavement. Also, I can now perform low speed maneuvers more smoothly, and easily. Braking was excellent, even with a new brake rotor. Also, my Zong feels very stable, and solid, while turning corners at highway speeds. I also noticed both low-speed, and high-speed handling are even more nimble than before! I am extremely pleased with the final results.

My complete front wheel, including tire, and brake rotor, weighs the same as a complete, Lifan 200GY-5 front wheel. Both these wheels weigh about ½ pound less than the stock, 18-inch, Zongshen front wheel.

As I was riding, I stopped to admire several local residents, grazing in the fields.

Pausing briefly between bites, Mr. Ed told me he liked the modifications I had made to my Zong. I always appreciate the comments of anyone possessing good, old-fashioned horse sense!

I eagerly await the passage of winter. I truly look forward to riding in Idaho’s mountains next Spring with my new, 21-inch front wheel.

Spud
You ride in the winter time? How far do you actually go? Do you ride when it is dry enough to, or how do you do it?

Warren

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD