Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2015, 12:19 AM   #1

peelyweely

I have to admit that the "speed" decal on the side of the RX3 never did much for me so I peeled it off. I admit I was embarrassed / bothered by it . Kinda cheapened the great bike that these are. If it had said "Adventure" or "Cyclone" or "Dakarbe" or "Dual Sporticus" anything not associated with "tickets or drugs" here in America . How do others feel as I see a lot of you have done the RX3 peelyweely? I feel after changing the rear tire size, alternator, exhaust header, adding plugins, rear cush hub for us ,it would be a small thing to give us "man" decals for the 2016's rj

Old 06-10-2015, 12:35 AM   #2

Yes, after a week or so, I removed the 'Speed' decals. However, they really didn't bother me much. The Chinese are notorious for putting inappropriate decals on their motorcycles. If you consider the 'Speed' decals objectionable, you might be surprised to learn the early, Chinese, dual sport bikes came plastered with 'Cool Boy' decals.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #3

Little known fact: There is a "Speed" decal theft ring that travels the country. They do there dirty deed most often while we sleep. About three weeks ago I awoke to find my "Speedy" White RX3 sitting in the garage naked, wearing nothing but the RX3 decals on the side panels and the "Speed" decals stripped away.
I panicked and threw on my riding gear and immediately headed for my favorite section of twisty blacktop. Too my surprise, my little RX3 had not lost its "Speed Mojo" and was just as fast as before. What a relief!
Too bad that the optimistic speedometer is not connected to the "Speed" decals, and would read accurately when the decals are removed.

As for the good news....they went with a "Speed" sticker instead of "Cool Boy" or "Fun Guy". I did read somewhere that they are considering for next years model to have a "Caitlin" decal. That would surely get more attention than even "Cool Boy". Then even more people would come up to you and say things like "Just what the hell is that". Just sayin'....

Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #4

I use Golden Boy tires.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #5

did you have to heat them up t get the decals off? was any residue left behind afterwards? I'm seriously considering getting one myself.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 06-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #6

I need Dual Sporticus decals.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
did you have to heat them up t get the decals off? was any residue left behind afterwards? I'm seriously considering getting one myself.
Alex if you are in AZ you should not need to apply heat As a fellow desert dweller, I peeled the stickers off mine - the tank sticker left a tiny bit of residue that came right off with goo gone. I also peeled the speed decals off the bike at the same time - I don't recall any residue problems - I did this when we were having a spate of "cooler" sub 90F weather

Old 06-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #8

I took the tank badges and side stickers off my Skyteam Raptor as well - I much prefer the "naked" look and will not be replacing them with anything. I used dental floss on the tank badges and gently used a sawing action to cut through the sticky pad it was stuck with. I then used a kitchen foam/scourer with a little petrol to remove the last of the stick pad and glue. Came up nice and clean. There is a slight difference in colour with the paint on the tank and the paint under the badge as the bike was in the dealers shop for a year and blue paint fades quicker than others.

I will get some blue t-cut or similar and give the tank a light polish. At some stage in the future it will be transfer dipped as I change the colour of the bike parts (tank, side panels, fenders).

About 10 minutes in are some examples of Crash Helmets being dipped and a petrol tank. After its dipped, it is then sprayed with coats of lacquer to protect the finish.

I fancy a tree finish . . .

Jeff
Velocettes (various)
Piaggio's / Honda's / Yamaha's
Raptor . . . . the List Goes On . . . .

Last edited by JTHSPACE; 06-10-2015 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo's!

Old 06-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #9

Now I'm sorry I removed my 'Speed' decals. I feel the need, the need for 'Speed.'

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #10

Maybe you could get a new sticker made up (this is a chain in the U.K.)

It may be "fresh", "healthy" and "satisfying" but I note the store is empty . . . . .

Jeff
Velocettes (various)

Old 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHSPACE View Post
Maybe you could get a new sticker made up (this is a chain in the U.K.)

It may be "fresh", "healthy" and "satisfying" but I note the store is empty . . . . .

Jeff
De gustibus non est disputandum.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
De gustibus non est disputandum.
coxit Capsicum est rex

Velocettes (various)

Old 06-11-2015, 02:33 AM   #13

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
Alex if you are in AZ you should not need to apply heat As a fellow desert dweller, I peeled the stickers off mine - the tank sticker left a tiny bit of residue that came right off with goo gone. I also peeled the speed decals off the bike at the same time - I don't recall any residue problems - I did this when we were having a spate of "cooler" sub 90F weather
it's been cool here all week, actually turned back from my ride in to work yesterday morning when I ran into a wall of rain.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
Alex, it's time to make the jump. I just finished adjusting the valves and an oil change for my 1,000 mile anniversary.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L