Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

Hey!

Im new so I don't even know how to post really or start a thread im looking into buying a couple Apollo bikes for me and my gf its an adult size 125 4 stroke brand new and was just wondering what you guys thought of them and if I should get one as my first bike ill attach a couple pics of them..
Sorry if I jumped in on you guys I just don't know where else to post im a noob!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01616_felBSoBkxxq_600x450.jpg (58.2 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg 00p0p_7Xsxiy3rLJL_600x450.jpg (59.7 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by dmeredith0015; 06-12-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: pp

Old 06-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #2

Hello

Are you thinking about buying from a dealer local to you? A dealer that can help you out if needed? How mechanically inclined are you? These bikes are easy to setup, ride and repair if needed if you can self diagnose and complete maintenance. Apollo is a very popular brand and that engine is a clone of a Honda bulletproof engine that has been in use since the 1950's. Very easy to maintain and repair if needed, parts are super inexpensive, everything you would ever need to know is on your Google machine.

If your mechanically inclined you can purchase the bike online and have it shipped to your front door for a very good price. If you are not good with a little diagnosing and wrenching then purchase from your local dealer so they can help you out.

Amazon is a great place to read real reviews of other peoples experiences.

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Dirt-Bi.../dp/B009BGCAQG

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=apollo+125cc

https://www.google.com/search?q=apol...m=122&ie=UTF-8

/

Old 06-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #3

Thank you very much!!! They are indeed from a local dealer and are already assembled and ready to ride. I just am new to china dirt bikes and have always been told to steer clear but I don't have the money to spend they are selling brand new adult 125s for 799$ which seems like an awesome deal I am mechanically incline but do not have tools and such since I live in an apartment but Ive hear things such as when you buy a new Apollo you have to adjust and tighten bolts and replace certain parts but I really want one any input or info is appreciated!!

Old 06-13-2015, 01:34 AM   #4

Exclamation New Member!!!!

Hey All Im a New Member to ChinaRiders and am super excited I'm about to purchase two 125cc adult size Apollo bikes from my local dealer and was hoping for any information tips or help you guys could give I don't see much on 125s on here mostly 250 dualsports. but any advise you guys can offer would be appreciated!! Ill attach pics of the Name:  00p0p_7Xsxiy3rLJL_600x450.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  01616_felBSoBkxxq_600x450.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  58.2 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (19.8 KB, 115 views)

Old 06-13-2015, 01:35 AM   #5

1 more lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (20.7 KB, 112 views)

Old 06-13-2015, 03:04 AM   #6

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I merged your posts from the RX3 forum into this thread. Adjuster has given you good advice, as usual.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-13-2015, 03:12 AM   #7

Thanks Much Spud!!

Old 06-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #8

If they are dealer purchased, then you should be good to go from day one. My dealer in the U.K. made sure it had decent oil, changed the spark plug cap from metal to plastic and did a full pre-delivery check etc. Yes, vibration does loosen nuts and bolts, but a $5 tube of red loctite will soon take care of that when you do your weekly check and walk-around. You will only need a very basic set of tools, these bikes use Metric fittings so a set of spanners (6 to 17mm) from a DIY store and a couple of decent screwdrivers will take care of most of the tool needs. Dont go "Snap-On", but Homestore or similar will do. Also a cheap ($5) digital multimeter will be handy to check bulbs, wiring or anything else that might pop up in the electrical department. Probably $30 or so will be all you need. The rest of the technical info you can get here or, as a last resort, on Google.

Looks like you are going to have fun!

Jeff
Velocettes (various)
Piaggio's / Honda's / Yamaha's
Raptor . . . . the List Goes On . . . .

Old 06-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #9

Welcome!

That's the highest quality China pit bike I've seen so far. You can read about my adventures with a lower quality version here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=10022

X2 on everything Adjuster said. Specifically, I recommend that you loosen each nut, and apply a drop of Loctite 242, then tighten again. Loosing fasteners can ruin your fun.

Hit Harbor Freight tools for anything you need. They had a massive tent sale on last weekend, and there were some awesome deals.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #10

Those look really nice. Get a set of metric wrenches. Some screwdrivers and allen wrenches. Small tool box to keep them in. That should cover most of what you would need for tools.

I would also buy at least one spare CDI unit.

Do you have a place to store them inside?

Old 06-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #11

First I just want to say thank you to all for the warm welcome and all the info is greatly appreciated. The ad says they are adult 125s and im 5'11 145lbs so I hope its a good fit ill have to check them out before I make the purchase of course I think it will be fine for me my girlfriend who im buing the second bike for is what im concerned about shes only 5'2 and about 125lbs I just hope her feet reach the ground lol!!!! I just want to be able to have nice bikes for us to go have some fun on and on a pretty tight budget so these looked perfect! I will indeed buy some locktite and a set of metric wrenches or a socket set and some other misc. tools as needed most likely from harbor freight that's always been my go to for good deals I have read a lot about mikuni carb swapping and sprocket swapping on this forum what all stuff should I do to make these fast, fun and dependable?? new handle bars? etc.. & to answer your question kato I live in a apartment so I was thinking of storing them on my outside patio locked up and covered with a motorcycle cover unless this is a bad idea.. Sorry if I ramble on im just super excited about everything and am so happy I stumbled across you guys you all are the best!!!! TYVM!

Old 06-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #12

Question

and to follow up on your comment weld do you break the bike in first before adding locktite and tightening all fasteners or go ahead and do that first thing??

Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #13

I like to fully prep a bike before I ride it. I hate losing fasteners.

What size are the wheels? That will determine if the bike is large enough for you. I changed Son of Weldangrind's wheels from 14/12 to 17/14, and that lasted until he hit six feet. After that, he needed a full size frame.

I wouldn't make any changes to the bikes, unless they don't meet your needs. My Son's 125 was too fast out of the box, so I re-geared it to be much steeper. It cut down the top speed, and allowed him to climb anything he pointed it at.

I hope you enjoy your new bikes.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #14

If they are outside be aware that the fasteners like to rust easily. A cover is a good idea, but sometimes they trap moisture.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #15

The wheels are 17/14 and I'm 5'11 and 23 years old my girl is 5'1 and she's 19 I just don't want us to get bored of them but I'm optimistic that we will love them