Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
So I can now drive my beast sporting my new plate. I first went to my insurer to get any insight they may have on my problem with MOT. They seemed perplexed that I would be hassled trying to pay both my plate fee and the PST. How weird to have to struggle to give coin to the Gov't. So went to another license bureau and the clerk right away asked for my nivviss (NVIS) like she did a few dozen a day. The other place claimed to have never seen that form before.

The only real snag was that the vin number was not in the registry like it should be. She fudged it a little to get me on my way but I am curious as to why. A few short cuts when imported perhaps? So $75. registration & pst and $261 for insurance. Done. waynec
$261 insurance for 1 year? Little pricier than I thought it would be.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #17

NVIS is avialable right besde your shipping statement in 'my gio' Its a form you need to download to get it registered. All new vehicles not previously registered need this and MTO kept the copy I provided. It stands for New Vehicle Information Statement.

I got hassled , maybe , because my copy was clearly a photo copy. Next time I will use a high res copy setting and photo paper. I should also add a signature just appeared on my form that may not at all resemble the name of JD. ...funny how that got there....waynec

Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
NVIS is avialable right besde your shipping statement in 'my gio' Its a form you need to download to get it registered. All new vehicles not previously registered need this and MTO kept the copy I provided. It stands for New Vehicle Information Statement.

I got hassled , maybe , because my copy was clearly a photo copy. Next time I will use a high res copy setting and photo paper. I should also add a signature just appeared on my form that may not at all resemble the name of JD. ...funny how that got there....waynec
Glad you got er done man.

I was thinking about it myself. Mainly for the insurance, but I think there is some case law about 2 guys hitting one another on multiple use trails and it turned out to be an "at your own peril" thingy. IANAL so who knows.

As for registering because I'm supposed to? They can suck it. I have enough riders on my home policy to fill a bus anyway. I'm sure one of them covers the toys for theft.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #19

I had some issues at one registry in Calgary. The issue was the photo copy, and it was not signed. I tried to explain it was an internet purchase and I cant travel to BC to get it signed, but no go. (not swas some old bitter lady)

I then scribbled on the signature line went to another registry and had no issues at all. The dude I got at the second registry was tattooed up and new the gio name, and just gave me a smile when I gave him the signed copy :P
Still need the NVIS sheet and the print able bill of sale from gios site, but worked no problem for me on the second try.

I could almsot swear these old bitty ladys are just there to cause issues....(I got pretty mad at the first registry, cant go back there now LOL)

Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #20

In Ontario our license bureaus are independently run under some contract or franchise deal. I did not make a big deal when refused the first time because they have all the power and could care less about much other than the rules.
Best to just smile and learn ...then adjust your game to suit the next opponent....waynec