Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #1

110cc Engine Slamming, wont start

Hello! I am new to rebuilding ATV's and I'm on my third one with these Chinese 110cc's with my kids. I have a current one that is stumping me if anyone can help....

I bought one from a guy who says the Stator caught fire, and then he disassembled it. I bought it with the engine emptied of oil and sitting in a bucket (inside).

I have since tore it apart, cleaned it out, all new gaskets, and then put it back together making sure timing was correct.

I assembled the ATV with new battery, new stator, all new wiring, new starter, new spark plug, new oil, new carb, new gas tank.

When I go to start the engine, I get spark and it turns over, but there is a loud slam from the engine (sounds like metal grinding maybe?) and the engine kicks once, then goes back to just turning over. Every time I press the starter it does this kick/slam/grinding once and then keeps turning over.

I can't find anything online helpful, and since I don't have a lot of engine experience I'm not sure what to think or what to do next. Can anyone offer some advice?

Tags
110, atv, engine, tao tao