Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #16

Been awhile since last update. I've been super, went to Orlando with family. I have updated the review here. I hate to see everyone has had such bad experiences, and they are not inline with what google/Facebook reviews say.

Having said that, where do you guys recommend buying the units/parts? I see loads of complaints so there must be other better options? I will definitely consider other dealers in the future having seen all of these complaints.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #17

Hey all, first post (Sorry it relates to the bad guys lol!). I bought the TBR7 a couple months ago solely because it has rear disc brakes and also because I was surfing online drunk with a wallet within arms reach. Really wanted the white one but had to settle for blue. I'm very hooked on the china bike thing now, way above expectations other than the wonky carburetor & misc cheapy things. First time on any two wheeled contraption that goes off road - Always had been a street biker. They don't handle or float like a four wheeler and pretty much go down in the mud unless you work up a little speed first. But I love it!

I'm wondering if the reason for my mostly positive experience with txmotorsports is due to my complete lack of interaction with the company. I didn't ask any questions or call anyone, bought it all outright with no deposit, etc. I just printed my receipt and nine days later an idiot with a lift truck showed up at my office, which was kind of a pain. Ten more days and official bill of sale with certificate of origination followed.

I most likely would not have chosen that dealer if I knew the story, but it seems like they're a mass shipper of chino-junk and have no ability to provide quality customer service. I also believe the manufacturer's partnership arrangement is similar or the same across all dealers. Even though I had put down a few whiskies while researching and ordering it, it was clear the embedded online order forms for most/all competitors were identical. I even checked to see what the process was to become a dealer and it isn't hard - Sign a nondisclosure and shell out a small hunk of dough (Which might be cool to do actually). Then put a link to their ordering machine and let the cash roll in!

So the cracks in the armor for txmotorsports was the paperwork - All hand filled out in the guy's wife's handwriting most likely. Everything else about the transaction was automated and contrived by a more serious higher up. And after a moment of reflection that would definitely lead me to think "God help someone that does anything outside of the order box." Dealers earn their reputation through the small stuff and I don't think this Manny you speak of is capable of doing it at a grand scale.

So off to lurk around for carb and valve adjustment advice - Happy trails everyone!

Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GronkFries View Post
Hey all, first post (Sorry it relates to the bad guys lol!). I bought the TBR7 a couple months ago solely because it has rear disc brakes and also because I was surfing online drunk with a wallet within arms reach. Really wanted the white one but had to settle for blue. I'm very hooked on the china bike thing now, way above expectations other than the wonky carburetor & misc cheapy things. First time on any two wheeled contraption that goes off road - Always had been a street biker. They don't handle or float like a four wheeler and pretty much go down in the mud unless you work up a little speed first. But I love it!

I'm wondering if the reason for my mostly positive experience with txmotorsports is due to my complete lack of interaction with the company. I didn't ask any questions or call anyone, bought it all outright with no deposit, etc. I just printed my receipt and nine days later an idiot with a lift truck showed up at my office, which was kind of a pain. Ten more days and official bill of sale with certificate of origination followed.

I most likely would not have chosen that dealer if I knew the story, but it seems like they're a mass shipper of chino-junk and have no ability to provide quality customer service. I also believe the manufacturer's partnership arrangement is similar or the same across all dealers. Even though I had put down a few whiskies while researching and ordering it, it was clear the embedded online order forms for most/all competitors were identical. I even checked to see what the process was to become a dealer and it isn't hard - Sign a nondisclosure and shell out a small hunk of dough (Which might be cool to do actually). Then put a link to their ordering machine and let the cash roll in!

So the cracks in the armor for txmotorsports was the paperwork - All hand filled out in the guy's wife's handwriting most likely. Everything else about the transaction was automated and contrived by a more serious higher up. And after a moment of reflection that would definitely lead me to think "God help someone that does anything outside of the order box." Dealers earn their reputation through the small stuff and I don't think this Manny you speak of is capable of doing it at a grand scale.

So off to lurk around for carb and valve adjustment advice - Happy trails everyone!
Check my eBay for tools and things to help you sort out carb and valve things
All intended to make sets and things easier etc
Check link below for my store

Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Check my eBay for tools and things to help you sort out carb and valve things
All intended to make sets and things easier etc
Check link below for my store
I'm already a satisfied customer lol. Bought the carb kit that I'm going to mess with later today. The sprocket alone is worth what I paid, hope the jets fit.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:48 PM   #20

Experience

Well here is a post from a new member with low post count!! I just joined and I just ordered a Chinese bike. After searchin a lot of dealers, including one in my area, I ordered a bike from TX powersports last night. The local dealer here is horrible, and they do not stock much. I placed my order and used Affirm financing. I wanted to check both of these places out. Good or bad. The TX website took me to Affirm where I was approved, picked my payment option, and then it went to a weird page that said something about malfunction. So I tried again. Same thing happened. So I tried on another computer and after I picked my payment option, it said thank you, and sent me back to TX site. So the qwirk there was with Affirm apparently. I sent Affirm a message so that I would not get 3 bikes. Also sent one to TX. The order was confirmed at TX and listed now. Today I have received no reply from Affirm, so I went to the website and see they have the purchase listed. But thumbs down for no communication from Affirm. I had a email from TX right away this morning confirming I only had 1 order. They also had me confirm my color choice. I then received a phone call from them that my color was going to ship right away today. So that's where I am right now. So far so good with TX, Affirm gets a thumbs down for no communication. I will be posting as this process goes along. I am interested in how this all plays out. I am from Wisconsin by the way. Really had to read a lot about these Chinese bikes, and depending how this works out, I might get a better one in the spring. Lots of negative stuff out there. I have no connection to anyone. Just interested in how the experience goes, and I thought I would share.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #21

hi schalid!!!! Welcome here and thanks for the post. Congrats on your purchase! There is a ton of info here, and kind folks. Keep us posted on your purchase and better yet, send us a pix or two of your new bike.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 08-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #22

I received an email today from TX that the bike has shipped. It included a tracking number for UPS freight, which does not work yet. So if it in fact is shipped and on the way, great processing time by TX. I guess all they are is a drop ship outfit. They get crates of bikes in, take orders, and ship. So if there is any damage, I would assume it is the manufactuer or UPS that would be the fault. Any defective parts, then you would need help from TX. So I really hope not to experience that!! So great job I guess by TX. Now we will see about UPS freight. Also glad I ordered this now since Trump just ordered US companies not to do business with China!

Old 08-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #23

Just checked and my tracking number works and is listed on UPS website. 4 days delivery date. Too bad its the weekend. So from order to process to ship to at UPS, 23 hrs.

Old 08-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by schalid View Post
I received an email today from TX that the bike has shipped. It included a tracking number for UPS freight, which does not work yet. So if it in fact is shipped and on the way, great processing time by TX. I guess all they are is a drop ship outfit. They get crates of bikes in, take orders, and ship. So if there is any damage, I would assume it is the manufactuer or UPS that would be the fault. Any defective parts, then you would need help from TX. So I really hope not to experience that!! So great job I guess by TX. Now we will see about UPS freight. Also glad I ordered this now since Trump just ordered US companies not to do business with China!
lol i ordered my bike from them a few days ago, I only talked to them once but i haven't had any problems yet. When i checked tracking my bike made it from Cali to memphis in about a day and a half, so the majority of the wait time is with the shipper not tx. the 27th is the magic day for me, i hope all goes well for you and your new bike too bud

Old 08-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #25

Let us know how it all goes! My delivery day is 29th. I am most concerned with the quality of the bike. So many negative reviews I almost didn't order one.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Let us know how it all goes! My delivery day is 29th. I am most concerned with the quality of the bike. So many negative reviews I almost didn't order one.
What bike did you order and I just got mine a few days ago from TX it took 15 days from order to the day ups droped it off now I'm just waiting on paper work to register it

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 08-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #27

Quote:
10-4, from what i have researched wrenching on these bikes is a must, but from what others on the forum has said the motor is based off of the 70's and 80's tech(cg250 clone) but they are suppose to be reliable. I've already bought new fork oil(Maximus 15w), ngk 2202 DPR8EIX-9 spark plug, mikuni carb vm26, and a set of main jets. If anyone know if i messed up anywhere feel free to correct me. i ordered the roketa db-41hc (or the bashan bsr, enforcer, lol its one of those) what did you order if you dont mind me asking?

Old 08-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #28

15 days is a long time! Where do you live? My tracking today said the bike went from Dallas to St. Louis, MO. That's half way to here. That was in 12 hrs. I haven't bought anything yet. I will experience whatever happens and I guess that's the only way to know for sure. Which bikes did you guys order? I ordered Hawk 250.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #29

Quote:
15 days is a long time! Where do you live? My tracking today said the bike went from Dallas to St. Louis, MO. That's half way to here. That was in 12 hrs. I haven't bought anything yet. I will experience whatever happens and I guess that's the only way to know for sure. Which bikes did you guys order? I ordered Hawk 250.
I live in indiana ups Only took 6 days to get to my house. from California I got the lifan xpect.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 08-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #30

Quote:
I ordered the roketa db-41hc, placed the order last saturday