Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #1

BudgetATVs / TaoTaoUSA ??

Does anyone have any feedback in regards to this online order outfit? Reason I ask; I mail-ordered an ATV from them, initial [layaway] pymt on 12/5/09, paid in full as of 12/27/09 and have yet to receive any type of confirmation, email, etc. I called them this AM inquiring about my order, was asked what the last name was on the order, then put on hold for 15min. I had other stuff going on so had to hang up. I just tried them again (4:15pmEST) only to get "all circuits are busy" on all their numbers. I know this is a busy week being between Holidays and tonight is New Year's Eve and all, but this all still concerns me. :? I know there's a few complaints floating around online if you research this, but given they've been in business ~3yrs, it looks like they do a LOT of sales. Hopefully this will pan out. Just thought I'd share so far.

Joel

Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #2

My guess is that most small business owners are there in spirit only this week. It will likely be business as usual next week; do you have an email address for them that you can use? That will at least communicate your message, vs. a busy signal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #3

Yeah, hopefully that's just it. The Holiday week shuffle. Still can't help being a little paranoid what with all the 'belly-up' going on as of late. 8O The only time I emailed them was in regards to simple question for which I never got a reply.

Joel

Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #4

Did you pay in full by using a credit card? That's the only way I would buy an ATV, motorcycle, or any expensive item on line.

Q

Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #5

Yup. Credit card. It's paid for, just waiting for some semblance of a conformation and I'm reaching here.. but a tracking #, ship date, etc..

Joel

Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #6

I called again today. It rang a bunch of times and a fella finally answered (Steve, sounded like a decent dude). I asked about the order status, he took my name and asked if I'd hold for the billing department. I was on hold for about 5min and Steve came back on. Billing is busy, they had my order but for what ever reason the last payment didn't go thru. They'll put it through and (hopefully) send me an email confirmation. From there Steve said I'll get a call from the shipping company when the unit arrives in my State, so they can schedule a drop-off.

Joel

Old 01-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoManzATV
I called again today. It rang a bunch of times and a fella finally answered (Steve, sounded like a decent dude). I asked about the order status, he took my name and asked if I'd hold for the billing department. I was on hold for about 5min and Steve came back on. Billing is busy, they had my order but for what ever reason the last payment didn't go thru. They'll put it through and (hopefully) send me an email confirmation. From there Steve said I'll get a call from the shipping company when the unit arrives in my State, so they can schedule a drop-off.

Joel
Keep us posted! Hopefully all goes according to plan!

Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #8

Got a confirmation email late yesterday afternoon. My order has been processed and I should get it within a week. So far so good!

Joel

Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #9

Good news! Please post photos of the uncrate and assembly process.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #10

I'll definitely post pics on how it looks shipped, etc. I got another email 1/8/10 from BudgetATV stating it's been shipped, they used Old Dominion shipping and supplied me with a tracking number. It's on it's way to Columbus OH from Carrollton TX, then to Buffalo NY. Interestingly enough the Old Dominion freight terminal is right around the corner from where I work. I could prolly slide the crate in the back of one of our vehicles (Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Santa Fe). If I needed to, but it looks like the estimated shipping date is 1/13/10. Someone has to be there to sign off on the shipment.

Joel

Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #11

If it is easier for you to get it from the terminal I would do that. You won't have to wait around half a day for them to deliver and sign for it. Just call the terminal and tell them.

Allen

Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #12

I did just that. The terminal is literally a quarter mile from where I work so I scooted out and picked it up today. They fork lifted it out and we slid it into the back of my Hyundai Santa Fe (yeah I know... 3 kids and a wife will do that to you). It actually fit with room to spare, rear seats folded down obviously. It's packed/bolted into an angle iron frame, covered in plastic and then covered in a heavy cardboard box. The packing doesn't look like it took to bad a beating on it's journey, but I won't have a chance to get at it until Friday or beyond. The whole 'box' weighs in at 250lbs per the shipper, I was able to slide it out of the back of my car and onto the garage floor with the help of a set of car ramps. Kids dunno anything about it yet. I'll post back with pics as soon as I can!

Joel

Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #13

The only issue is I paid for a 110D1 and got a 110D, so they owe me a plastic cover that bolts over the steel tube front bumper/guard.

Joel

Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #14

It looks good! Don't forget that the tires are meant to be directional; they're pointing the wrong way in the crate.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #15

At least you got it. Also I see its an upgrade from the powerwheel there.

The kids willnot care about a piece of plastic. The will be too busy tearing up the grass. Or right now the snow.

Allen