Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #766

Doh! I agree 100% with RedSpruce

You are very correct! In this case an early deposit did not really help your order or pricing in any way. But you did lose the use of your money, and any interest you could have earned!
Maybe CSC has a "FIX" for that!
GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSpruce View Post
Two things that are annoying me;

1) I paid $1000 down on December 1st, that will be six months ago next week, that's six months I don't have use of that $1000. So, I expect some kind of advantage for that. In the case of the RX-3, I received a discount for putting my money on the line early. With the TT, someone walking into CSC can purchase the moto at the same price I'm paying without having to put a down payment on it. That has removed any advantage I have from paying early.

2) I called CSC on May 6th to add some parts to the TT (I said to just throw the parts in the crate because I didn't want that to delay the shipping) and was told that I should hear from them on 11th to confirm my order. I didn't hear back from CSC that week so I called on the 17th to pay the remainder of my balance and was told my bike may ship on the 20th. I wasn't contacted last week and when I called today I was told to call back tomorrow.

Rant finished.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
You are very correct! In this case an early deposit did not really help your order or pricing in any way. But you did lose the use of your money, and any interest you could have earned!
Maybe CSC has a "FIX" for that!
GOOD LUCK!
Yes, but has anyone confirmed the as of now show room price. Perhaps they are asking more?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Yes, but has anyone confirmed the as of now show room price. Perhaps they are asking more?
Currently the CSC website has the price as $1895. I see no reason why the showroom price would be any different.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #769

Quote:
Currently the CSC website has the price as $1895. I see no reason why the showroom price would be any different.
Not saying it is or isnt. I know of a reason...Profit (which means, keeping the doors open)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-25-2016, 12:13 AM   #770

Quote:
Not saying it is or isnt. I know of a reason...Profit (which means, keeping the doors open)
Hey, I agree they need to make a profit. We all want to get something in return for our labor. My first point references this. My stored labor(money) has sat idle for six months with no return. In the case of the RX3 my stored labor gave me a return in the reduced cost of the bike.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #771

Quote:
Hey, I agree they need to make a profit. We all want to get something in return for our labor. My first point references this. My stored labor(money) has sat idle for six months with no return. In the case of the RX3 my stored labor gave me a return in the reduced cost of the bike.
When the boat price stayed the same I was suprised. I guess CSC wanted to keep the momentum going and to continue to get more units in circulation.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:38 AM   #772

I am starting to have a bad taste in my mouth over my order. I put 1G down in feb or or early March, i think i am order 150, and am starting to wonder if i will get the bike before July. Honestly, I am looking, at used dp bikes again from the big 4, hard to find and very dear in price. I had a lot of faith in csc, but i am starting to wonder, the fact that someone can walk through their doors and pay what we paid after we funded this project is bogus, not good business if indeed true. I am hoping they will step up, and start hustling are orders out. Heck send me the unbuilt bike and the set up manual and i will do it myself. I used to do service and set ups on Honda motorcycles and atvs!!

Old 05-25-2016, 12:39 AM   #773

Let's see, six months of interest on $1000 at even 2% is around $10. Isn't it worth that to get your bike early? I'll pay you $10 for your position right now.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:54 AM   #774

Quote:
When the boat price stayed the same I was suprised. I guess CSC wanted to keep the momentum going and to continue to get more units in circulation.
Yeah, that may be and that is their decision to make. I'm sure they made the decision that was best for their business and I would not expect them to do anything less than that. I want to see them continue to be successful and grow.

I also want to get the best return I can for my stored labor and I am disappointed with the result at the moment.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:08 AM   #775

Quote:
Yeah, that may be and that is their decision to make. I'm sure they made the decision that was best for their business and I would not expect them to do anything less than that. I want to see them continue to be successful and grow.

I also want to get the best return I can for my stored labor and I am disappointed with the result at the moment.
Well mabey you won't be too disappointed in the product either, good luck.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:11 AM   #776

Quote:
Well mabey you won't be too disappointed in the product either, good luck.
Thanks BlackBike.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #777

putting my money in 6 months ago kept me from spending it on something else. if the money had been around a month ago it may have be used for something completely not fun.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #778

It does chap me a bit that they were supposed to go to $2495, or something like that, and only went up to $1895. Feels like they lied to get people to fund their project and it killed the equity I was expecting to have in my bike. One of the biggest reasons I decided to get in was that even if I didn't like the bike, getting in at well under retail would allow me to sell it without loosing much or any money and that safety net is now gone. Had I known this before finalizing there's a good chance I wouldn't have done it and would have just bought a used Jap bike. Now to hope I don't feel the need to cash it out.

When I was there to pick mine up there was a couple looking at possibly getting one and they were told it would be about 4 weeks from when they put down a deposit so they're not selling to walk-ins, only to those with deposits. I paid on or about Dec. 3 and it was past the supposed 'first 50 unit cut-off' but the guy said they were extending it a bit because it was getting so much momentum. As far all I know the previous bike had gone to full retail after the initial 'early bird specials' and I expected the TT to do the same but it hasn't.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
putting my money in 6 months ago kept me from spending it on something else. if the money had been around a month ago it may have be used for something completely not fun.
Totally agree. I treat what money we make with respect, but I blow far more than I should. Putting the grand down on the TT was better than buying beer, just another trip to Harbor Freight and a fancy dinner out. It's not like I would have taken that money and put it into my 401k.

CSC has been a very good company so far and I have faith they're treating us fairly. I'm sure they're upset that it's taken longer than anticipated. After all, I'm sure they have a ton of $$$ laid out on all of these bikes they'd love to collect and put in the bank.

Hell, if it doesn't finally stop raining here, I'm going to blow a gasket anyway. I have a new RX3 in the garage and I'm still inside in front of the wood stove staring out the damn window. If the TT arrived today, it wouldn't do me any good anyway.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
When I was there to pick mine up there was a couple looking at possibly getting one and they were told it would be about 4 weeks from when they put down a deposit so they're not selling to walk-ins, only to those with deposits.
Great to hear!!! So we're still on top of the list. Good news indeed!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350