Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2019, 09:35 PM   #16

My info says 125-200 CG cam and follower or at least followers are different to the 250.

Roller rockers for 125-200 are easy enough to get in China but NOTHING roller rockers for a 250.

I could be wrong etc but everything I see point to it being different

Old 05-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I am actually in the process of trying to order one of those Ressalto cams for my Hawk. They have two versions with increased duration and no extra lift that supposedly will work with no fly cutting to the piston or recessing the valve seats that open up the upper part of the RPM range. I am at the point now where I know the cam profile is my limiting factor.

My difficulty is in trying to even order the stupid thing. Even with a translating program, the websites aren't setup to take international orders and sending e-mails is proving difficult. I almost wish they had a third party broker website like taobao to place an order through.
I think your problem is because you are trying to find someone "who speaks English in the sales department". The Portugues don't do business that way, they use a 'facilitator', a person that doesn't exist in the American business way. He is the guy who makes things happen in any of those places in the world that the Portuguese have ever run. ...ARH

Old 05-29-2019, 11:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I think your problem is because you are trying to find someone "who speaks English in the sales department". The Portugues don't do business that way, they use a 'facilitator', a person that doesn't exist in the American business way. He is the guy who makes things happen in any of those places in the world that the Portuguese have ever run. ...ARH
It seems that Tashka found an e-mail from someone that works in WGK, speak english and can sell stuff. So megadan can try and see what they reply to him.

People from Brazil are quite prideful of their language and the average people doesn't care to learn any other language. In the rest of south america, we speak spanish, they don't even care about that... So in the end if you want to deal with them. Is much easier to learn to falar portugues.
Then you have small companies, that make parts for small motorcycle, a market that's not really big in the US, so most of the stuff is for the internal market.

What will happen if i send an e-mail to a mom and pop store in the US, asking them question in spanish? Most likely they won't know to write or speak spanish, so they won't be able to reply me.

Quote:
Yeah, but I confuse easily. I don't understand what "they workout the carter to make it a bit bigger" means...ARH

Watch this, it's spanish but you can see what he does with the carter and what i mean

Old 05-29-2019, 11:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
People from Brazil are quite prideful of their language and the average people doesn't care to learn any other language. In the rest of south america, we speak spanish, they don't even care about that... So in the end if you want to deal with them. Is much easier to learn to falar portugues.
Then you have small companies, that make parts for small motorcycle, a market that's not really big in the US, so most of the stuff is for the internal market.

It seems that Tashka found an e-mail from someone that works in WGK, speak english and can sell stuff. So megadan can try and see what they reply to him.
They are not just prideful of their language, they are prideful of their culture. My college Spanish teacher told us that as far as the Portuguese were concerned, the Spanish were there to keep the Germans out of Portugal...ARH

Old 05-29-2019, 11:37 PM   #20

Quote:
They are not just prideful of their language, they are prideful of their culture. My college Spanish teacher told us that as far as the Portuguese were concerned, the Spanish were there to keep the Germans out of Portugal...ARH
And he is pretty much right, same goes for brazilians. Go and speak to one, it goes something like "We have the best xxx and by the way do you know, that Brazil was the only empire in south america??"

Old 05-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #21

Quote:
And he is pretty much right, same goes for brazilians. Go and speak to one, it goes something like "We have the best xxx and by the way do you know, that Brazil was the only empire in south america??"

I don't like Brazilian XXX. I prefer kitteh XXX.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
My info says 125-200 CG cam and follower or at least followers are different to the 250.

Roller rockers for 125-200 are easy enough to get in China but NOTHING roller rockers for a 250.

I could be wrong etc but everything I see point to it being different
This is some information I would love to confirm. I am not too concerned about roller followers, but most of the standard followers and camshafts I have seen list the same followers for the 200 and 250 at a minimum. The only real difference I have seen with the cams has to do with a couple variations in the style. The Hawk uses the snap ring retained cam instead of the press fit style.

I am not after much, Just a nit more duration to pick up a little on the top end. At this point it is just a thought. If I go into cam upgrades there are a few other changes I would like to make to the engine as well.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
This is some information I would love to confirm. I am not too concerned about roller followers, but most of the standard followers and camshafts I have seen list the same followers for the 200 and 250 at a minimum. The only real difference I have seen with the cams has to do with a couple variations in the style. The Hawk uses the snap ring retained cam instead of the press fit style.

I am not after much, Just a nit more duration to pick up a little on the top end. At this point it is just a thought. If I go into cam upgrades there are a few other changes I would like to make to the engine as well.
He is right, the one for the 125-200 are not the same that the one used for the 250, but there are for the 250 too. So they will ask you what type of CG you have.
Yes, you can get more top end speed.

This is a XR150 just with a better cdi, a pz30b (called dakar here) and a different muffler.

GPS speed 123 km/h (76 mph)

Another one this time with a modded "Motomel S2" which is one of the many names they use to sell the cg150 clones

In the video he explains what he did to bike and so on, final speed with a gps 129 km/h

Both them are the 150cc version of the CG, which a 230cc CG, you can should be able to reach 85 mph. But and there is always a butt xD, there is the factor of the rider weight. As you can see in the second videos, that kid doesn't weight more than 165 pounds and has a small "frame"
I have a friend that owns a Ninja 650r and he complains that other people with similar or smaller engines goes faster than him. He weights a bit more than 300 pounds...

Old 05-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #24

Quote:
He is right, the one for the 125-200 are not the same that the one used for the 250, but there are for the 250 too. So they will ask you what type of CG you have.
Yes, you can get more top end speed.

Both them are the 150cc version of the CG, which a 230cc CG, you can should be able to reach 85 mph. But and there is always a butt xD, there is the factor of the rider weight. As you can see in the second videos, that kid doesn't weight more than 165 pounds and has a small "frame"
I have a friend that owns a Ninja 650r and he complains that other people with similar or smaller engines goes faster than him. He weights a bit more than 300 pounds...
Rider weight generally has very little bearing on top speed once you get past the 60mph range (unless dealing with a grade). With my current head work I can get my bike to 75mph. I am a 6'4'' tall wide shoulder, barrel chested 260lb sasquatch. I have to reduce my frontal area by tucking my arms in, hunching down, and keeping my legs tight to the tank because I am otherwise a giant white sail atop a skinny steed. I am not saying that weight won't have some affect, but the dimensional size of a large rider will do more harm to top speed than their mass due to a big increase in drag. The mass of the rider will have a greater effect on acceleration.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #25

@Megadan should start a thread to do a group buy on camshafts from WGK.... I'd be in...