Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2019, 12:31 AM   #1

airpump & charcoal canister ?

On the CSC tt250 there is a charcoal canister hose comes from fuel tank, appears vent line, goes thru canister routes to carb intake between engine and carb. I assume this is just for gas vapor emissions from the fuel tank and this canister is not needed?

Also on the right side of the bike, CSC calls an air pump. Hose from the engine, right by the spark plug, to the air pump, air pump hose to air filter housing, small hose from the air pump to carburetor.
Is this only for emissions?

If so I think I have read you plug the engine outlet, plug the air box hole, I assume plug the carb. port?
I did this on a temporary basis and took the bike for a ride, bike ran fine. Any difference I could not tell.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:27 AM   #2

Sounds right etc
The thing on right of head is useless and can be removed.
Vent gassed from tank get neutralized thru charcoal etc
Really only the tank vent thru charcoal canister had a real function for the environment as my understanding is the other thing just has sir pumped thru exhaust making it look less dirty
I use the think it was recycling exhaust gas back to intake but seems that was wrong

Old 05-28-2019, 07:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter338 View Post
On the CSC tt250 there is a charcoal canister hose comes from fuel tank, appears vent line, goes thru canister routes to carb intake between engine and carb. I assume this is just for gas vapor emissions from the fuel tank and this canister is not needed?

Also on the right side of the bike, CSC calls an air pump. Hose from the engine, right by the spark plug, to the air pump, air pump hose to air filter housing, small hose from the air pump to carburetor.
Is this only for emissions?

If so I think I have read you plug the engine outlet, plug the air box hole, I assume plug the carb. port?
I did this on a temporary basis and took the bike for a ride, bike ran fine. Any difference I could not tell.
The evap system is good and keeps fumes from the tank from being ignited by a cig or errant spark. The AIS system while annoying and ugly does not hurt power. It does cause after fires in the exhaust which can be confused with a lean running condition.