Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2019, 12:24 AM   #1

Battery light flashing..

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me out with these problems I've been having with my Bull 200

First off I bought it brand new in December 2018. When the dealer I bought it from delivered it to my house, I noticed the battery light on the instrument cluster was flashing. I asked the guy why is this flashing? He said he thinks it will go away.. ok.. it never went away...its still on 7 months later.. also the battery was dying everyday that I used it.. I put a volt meter on it and it shows 14.5 volts while idling no load, as soon as I turn in the lights it dropped down to 13.5 then the high beams 13.2 then use the winch and its down to 12-12.5

So my question is does anyone know what the flashing battery light means?. It also flashes with the key on and engine not running. I replaced the battery and same problem, also replaced the rectifier/regulator which was worse.. did not charge at all so I put the original regulator back on, at least it charges with no load.

Thanks in advance.