Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2024, 08:38 PM   #1

Which one?

Hey everyboy. New to the forum.Has anyone changed rubber on the Templar x 250 to more of a 60 40 tire? and was wondering what tire to use. Plan to use more on the street but some dirt also. Any suggestions? Was looking at Shinko 700 series and the Kendra k784 series? Don't have my bike yet but I'm contemplating waiting for the 2024's in March, but may go ahead and pull the trigger on a 2023. I'm guessing there will be a price increase by then. Which bike? Templar five speed or six speed? Any ideas?

Old 01-05-2024, 09:42 PM   #2

I recommend the Tusk DSport Adventure. It looks like a knobby with deep recesses between the lugs, but they are closely spaced so they behave well on pavement. DOT approved. I put one on my Storm last year. It transformed the bike. So I put one on my Templar X this year. I wish you could drive it to see what I mean. It isn't a motocross knobby, but does great on the trails while sticking to the road on pavement.

https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31897

Old 01-06-2024, 10:26 PM   #3

tire change

Thanks Thumper, I'll have to check those out. Sounds like right up my alley. Whished I could get an extra set of rims to swap out the different sets but money and time to do the swaps just aren't there. Better to compromise.

Old 01-06-2024, 10:46 PM   #4

I just ordered this set today: https://www.motosport.com/kenda-park...ot-tire-combo?
I can't vouch for them yet but perhaps those are in the vicinity of what you'd like.
Kenda Parker DT K772 DOT Front/Rear Tire:

The second iteration of the Parker DT was developed in BAJA to get through the nastiest conditions on Earth. The classic Carlsbad pattern is back along with an updated compound to help make the ultimate southwest tire!

Classic Carlsbad pattern is back in the Parker DT.
The ultimate tire for desert terrain!
Casing / compound designed to meet the demands of the toughest hard-packed terrain.
6-ply rated casing offers 30% more cut resistance.
Natural rubber compound for extended tread wear and reduced knob chunking.
DOT approved.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:13 PM   #5

tire change

Thanks for the info on those. They may be just a little to agressive for the trails I plan on riding and also I will be a good bit on the road. Really don't want the front washing out on me on the asphalt. I have a lot of tar and gravel roads around here.I don't bounce as high as I used to.