Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #1

Giobikes

Hi, I normally do not write these but thought I would give my 2 cents. I recently bought a rebel T1 and a X31. I would first like to say they are great bikes! The Rebel runs amazing for a $400 quad(with shipping) lots of fun , little guy loves it. The X31 same thing runs great I am very happy with it so far. The only thing that has happened is that the wrong carb was installed on the bike. After submitting a ticket through there site I received the proper carb free of charge and they also sent a small mezzi case bonus in 3 days. I haven't installed it yet so hopefully it works but great customer service considering what you pay. I am not a sponser I live in Airdrie AB, I was just blown away with the service. Like I said I might of jinked myself for writing this and I might have problems in the future but my first experiences have been A+ so far.

Mike(newbie)

Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #2

Thank you for the report, Mike. We are always pleased to hear reports of good customer service!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #3

Hey Mike,

Glad to hear that you're happy with the new machines. I considered buying an X31, but then I found a good deal on an old XR250R that I couldn't pass on.

You live in God's country. I love that area around Airdrie.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #4

Welcome fellow Gio rider.

Glad you were happy with your purchases.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #5

I know this probably doesn't belong here but does anyone know of places to ride around Calgary?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #6

After my positive feedback for Gio I want to warn a few people about what has just happened to me. I ordered a Pro CDI for our T1 and received it a few days later. The item came a little damaged not too bad tough. I installed it and found the T1 ran horrible. I submitted a few question on here and another china bike website and received many things to try including carb adjustment main jet change and other little things like NGK spark plug and nothing helped. I put the old cdi in and it ran great again. I and many forum members came to the conclussion it was a bad cdi. I submitted a ticket to Gio and they got back to me saying ok they would send me a new one but I would have to pay shipping and handling. I submitted a new ticket and told them that it was defective and aslo damaged and was wondering if they would stand by their products. They sent me back the SAME reply but this time the shipping charge was HIGHER. Regardless of the price I actually paid for the CDI compared to another site its the fact that they do not stand by their product. I know that their site says that they will replace a defective part but there will be a shipping and handling charge(this is the 3rd defect in 3 months for me) Could it be a way they try and make more money? maybe not, who knows. I have bought a few things from Gio and thought I was a good custmer and was in the process of buying 3 more bikes. Needless to say Im done with Gio. I'm not trying to bash Gio by any means just want to lend some productive advice. All that being said the T1 is probably one the best bang for your buck. The thing never quits.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #7

check out ebay you can find cdi's on there for really cheap only bad is that they ship from hong kong.. considering the parts market for the off brand quads is very limited i wouldnt give up on gio.. there site makes it really easy to get parts when needed.. but i always check out ebay at the same time..

for examply the throttle lever/brake lever from gio is what 40 bucks plus shipping to me is another 20.. i found a seller on ebay with the exact same throttle/brake lever for 12 bucks and then 9 or so for shipping...