Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #1

Shineray 250 dual sport on the way?!

A few years ago, while trying to get into dealing in Chinese bikes, I had gotten on a few distributor/manufacturer email lists. I just received an email from the new rep for my area for one of the higher quality brand names (I won't reveal the brand in case I want to deal with them, and am supposed to be confidential, or the products don't end up coming here and I just create gossip).

The new bikes coming for '11 are the Shineray liquid-cooled 250 dirt bike and dual sport/motard, and a 350 sport-bike. I think the 350 sport bike is the bike that the now-defunct Tank company was supposed to sell, I think from a company called Xi.

If priced well, the Shineray dirt bike/dual-sport bikes should sell, although they will have stiff competition from Pitster Pro who have established a couple years' experience with their liquid-cooled bikes.

Let's hope that we see the Shinerays and the sport bike. I am sorry for not having more info, but all I got were photos and product names, and I recognized the Shinerays right away, but not the sport bike, so the Xi was my guess.