Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #31

Working ZS, where did you see the price listed on the CSC site ? I couldn’t find it.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #32

Find It Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloman View Post
Working ZS, where did you see the price listed on the CSC site ? I couldn’t find it.
From the CSC home page, scroll down and click on "NEW MODELS", it's the first model listed when that page pops up. Just checked it again and it is still showing up on my end. The "Info" tab on the RX4 page says under construction, so nothing but the price appears to have been decided for sure. And even that may just be a preliminary placeholder, so I guess we will have to just wait until when CSC makes the official announcement on the bikes availability - probably another 3-4 months if I had to guess, for the final configuration and the definite price. Here is the page:

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/defau...=xNewInventory

Old 10-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #33

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
Sorry mate I don't have an RX3. I was referring to a lowering link made available for the RX4. If there is a lower profile seat for the RX4 I while probably go that route first so as to leave the suspension alone. I will definitely do business with you if I get the RX4. Damn shame there isn't a demand for TT250 after market parts. I would like to put a small windscreen on it.
The TT250 Hawk 250 and all those are not sold in China as they are too cheap and quality is ...............
Only the Honda XLR150 or what ever the exact model it.

I had 1 of these in China and i couldn't find body parts but mechanical was OK to find mostly - real pain in the butt.

Low spec bikes low spec motors etc and takes me a long time to find out stuff and could be wrong resulting in bad service and no income so you kinda see why I do not bother. (I also don't have a test bike but do have an RX3 test bike)

Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #35

It will be very interesting to see if the RX4 passes the Joe Berk smell test.

http://exhaustnotes.us/blog/index.ph...10/23/the-rx4/

BTW, some good stuff on the Berk & Gresh exhaust notes blog.

Rojo

Old 10-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #36

This is going to be fun to watch. Long anticipated. I think a loaded 450 bike for the price isn't bad at all. I'm sure there will be some bugs to work out but I'm also sure that CSC will stand behind whatever pops up, as they always do.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #37

I thought the RX3 was well loaded, but have spent a small fortune on more farkles. Nothing from Japan for twice the price has half the goodies. Just don't get caught in the aerodynamic disaster of a truck running 130mph or so 4 feet away.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:46 PM   #38

Fun indeed. The RX4 price point for a new, loaded, warrantied bike is still a good value. Is there enough performance and value to kick my RX3 to the curb, probably not.

Also, in my neck of the woods you get a fairly late model (2012 - 2014), lower mileage (~6k to~8K), decently farkled (luggage, skid plate, tall windshield, etc.) V-Strom or Versys 650 at the same price point. Yes, they are 50+/-#'s heavier but have ~20 more hp. They are also more or less just as off road worthy with the proper tires. In my view this is where the RX4 will get its stiffest competition from the price, performance, and value perspective.

Rojo

Old 10-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #39

0-62 6.4

Old 10-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #40

First installment of the Joe Berk RX4 evaluation. So far so go.

http://exhaustnotes.us/blog/index.ph...t-impressions/

Old 10-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #41

GULP!

Still only wire/steel wheels!

They can or should by now have alloy wheels and common tyre sizes for these, the RX3 has alloys but a 15 inch rear being odd ball outside China

Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
GULP!

They can or should by now have alloy wheels and common tyre sizes for these, the RX3 has alloys but a 15 inch rear being odd ball outside China

I believe both are going to be available. One of them being an optional(upgrade). This is based on what I was told during my CSC visit.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #43

Nice write-up. The more torque between 3500-5000 is exactly what the 300 cc kit provided my RX3.

I would like to know if the front brake setup can be swapped over to the RX3?
That's the one place I disagree with Joe. I have two RX3's and both front brakes have sucked. It has nothing to do with stopping power. It has to do with it warping and unwarping when it feels like it, thanks to heat changes.
Fortunately, CSC warrantied both.....but now they're acting up.

That said, I'm really glad the RX4 is here. It was needed. CSC's menu of bikes was in dying for something bigger.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-26-2018, 08:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Nice write-up. The more torque between 3500-5000 is exactly what the 300 cc kit provided my RX3.

I would like to know if the front brake setup can be swapped over to the RX3?
That's the one place I disagree with Joe. I have two RX3's and both front brakes have sucked. It has nothing to do with stopping power. It has to do with it warping and unwarping when it feels like it, thanks to heat changes.
Fortunately, CSC warrantied both.....but now they're acting up.

That said, I'm really glad the RX4 is here. It was needed. CSC's menu of bikes was in dying for something bigger.
The RX3S and RX4 have a much bigger head stock bearing and wider spacing between shocks and wheel, cannot just fit - I was looking at it :S

Old 10-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #45

Quote:
GULP!

Spoke wheels are significantly more durable than mags. My TW200 pocket rocket has wheels of Kevlar and epoxy that weigh about 2-2.5kg, but if they had to survive low air pressure and a rock, they'd be dead. I've also had 3-4 rides ruined by people who lowered air pressure for dirt traction and broke metal wheels. That meant a 30+ miles ride to pavement, another 90+ miles to a dealer who didn't have the wheel, no time to set up camp so sharing a cheap motel with lice and bed bugs, getting online to find a local with the same model willing to lend a wheel, ride back to wherever the overly fancy and expensive failure is stranded, then doing the repair because most fools who ride bikes like that don't know how.

Roxy sees about 1% dirt. She still gets spokes and tubes. Boonie repairability is critical to me. Looking to go to wider rims to reshape the cross sections for better pavement performance and durability, but sticking with the same stock tire sizes. First chance I get to take Roxy on unpaved trip she'll get real DOT knobbies on steel rims.

If ever Roxy is facing 0% dirt, she will get billet aluminum tubeless wheels. I have access to the necessary machines.

Quote:
The RX3S and RX4 have a much bigger head stock bearing and wider spacing between shocks and wheel, cannot just fit - I was looking at it :S
How much bigger is the room for tires? I like fat tires. I've seen 110/90-19 and 150/70-17 batted about for the RX4. I'd like to see room for 130/90-19 and 180/80-16. Skinny dirt bike tires are for motocross berms and mini powerbands that have to keep the RPM screaming with wheelspin to make power. Fatter tires work better for unpaved roads under not racing conditions.