Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #1

Good tank bag for the RX3

I was looking at the weekend sale at CSC, and eyeing their "adventure" tank bag. But even on sale at $90, that's just a ludicrous price for a tank bag. So a little shopping later, I found this for $30:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put it on last night and it's very nice. Good material, smooth zippers. There is a rain cover in a dedicated pocket. It has a place for a safety harness, but doesn't include it. No matter, I have a bunch of straps and clips and such.

I just wanted something for small things while doing errands on the bike.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:34 PM   #2

where did you get your keychain?

Old 11-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #3

From a helicopter pilot. Standard for aircraft covers that need to be removed before flight.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:09 PM   #4

Top box?

Out of interest how many people use their top box all the time? I took mine off for a bit after I got the bike because friends had spoken about buffeting and increasing the side wind profile.
I replaced it after a few weeks and it now lives on the bike permanently and gets used every day.
I have the tourfella aluminium luggage and even with all three boxes attached haven't noticed excessive effects of wind.
I live in sight of one of New Zealand's largest wind farms so it does get breezy quite often.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #5

Have that exact same tank bag. Carry a multi tool, tire pressure gauge, small led light, summer gloves, etc. Magnets secure the bag well. Works on the TT as well.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #6

I keep all the Tourfella luggage on all the time, so far. I tried a short time without the top box, but didn't notice any difference. I've only had the bike a short time though. My style is this...

Right bag contains stuff I always want on there. Rags, Honda Polish, chain lube, and until I installed burrito tubes, the tools. Left bag is my primary quick in/out as I'm running around. Top bag is for bigger stuff.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #7

I carry all tourfella on, right one, tools, lube, rain cover, left one my back pack to office with rain gear, lunch box , top one, this is where I leave my knee guards, gloves and helmet.

Considering on the tank bag still.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:03 PM   #8

If you have the TourFella luggage on your RX3, keep something in it. The RX3 is relatively light for all the lifting surfaces it has and tends to take off when passed by big trucks speeding crazily into a headwind on high speed roads. Fortunately, for such a light bike, it handles weight well as long as the steering stem bearings are properly preloaded. Trust me.