Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2016, 09:26 PM   #1

Updates on TT250 exhaust options

I have been following the various threads on using the (lower cost) eBay exhaust pipe and silencer set up which people have been using on their TT 250s. I understand there are several issues which need to be overcome to make the pipe fit properly and was wondering if there have been any new alternatives.

The issues presented so far include the following:

1) the need to drill out the holes in the mounting flange due to the wider bolt placement on the TT250.

2) the potential interference of the new header pipe with the clutch arm.

3) the potential interference of the up sweep of the header pipe with the bottom of the air box.

4) the need to fabricate and attach a bracket for the rear-most attachment point of the silencer.

Given these concerns I was wondering if anyone has come across more of a "bolt on" application for something else which exists in the marketplace for the TT 250 – despite the fact it may be a higher cost option.

Otherwise, has anyone tried to bend the aftermarket pipe to clearance those issues without a mandrel bending set up? My concern is that it might kink the pipe?

thank you in advance for the input.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparrob View Post
I have been following the various threads on using the (lower cost) eBay exhaust pipe and silencer set up which people have been using on their TT 250s. I understand there are several issues which need to be overcome to make the pipe fit properly and was wondering if there have been any new alternatives.

The issues presented so far include the following:

1) the need to drill out the holes in the mounting flange due to the wider bolt placement on the TT250.

2) the potential interference of the new header pipe with the clutch arm.

3) the potential interference of the up sweep of the header pipe with the bottom of the air box.

4) the need to fabricate and attach a bracket for the rear-most attachment point of the silencer.

Given these concerns I was wondering if anyone has come across more of a "bolt on" application for something else which exists in the marketplace for the TT 250 – despite the fact it may be a higher cost option.

Otherwise, has anyone tried to bend the aftermarket pipe to clearance those issues without a mandrel bending set up? My concern is that it might kink the pipe?

thank you in advance for the input.

Hey there!!
I have the eBay pipe on my 250 and the issues that I had were the drilling out of the flange for the wider bolt pattern (parts shop did this for $10 as I don't own that type of drill) and my pipe barely touches the clutch arm but it has has zero problems touching. And I mean it barely touches. My pipe lined up nicely with the bolt coming through the rear hand guard and it lined up nicely without any need to create a modified bracket that most people did. My pipe does not touch the frame and all bolts line up nicely. I did bend pipe with a large screwdriver in some places without any kinking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1738.jpg (96.1 KB, 231 views)

Old 10-20-2016, 03:24 AM   #3

Cool. I just ordered one to give it a try also. Which main jet did you end up using? Did you modify your air box as well?

Old 10-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #4

A good exhaust shop probably wouldn't charge much,if anything,to tweak your exhaust tube.Take the bike,and strike up a conversation about it.You'd be surprised how far that can go to getting a good deal on some work.