Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #16

If you're using Windows, you can simply open the image in Paint, and then select a circle and a colour.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtdawg View Post
Have you ever used Ali-express or know someone who has? I've Seen these parts for sale there but don't know anything about the site. I'm gonna keep searching taobao for now still maybe I'll stumble across what I need.
I think that Spud has used AliExpress, but I haven't.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #18

Why did you get a new motor?

Old 03-01-2015, 10:36 AM   #19

I bought a new motor because after buying the output shaft and seals to split the case it would have been roughly the same price and a lot of work. I got the motor for 250+ 150 shipping. So I'll keep it for spare parts now. I only paid 100 bucks for the quad anyway. I can afford to spend a few hundred to fix it up. Also I'm using my i phone so I don't have access to Windows programs. Lastly who is spud? And do you know how I can get ahold of him/her to ask about Ali-express?

The last pic I posted is of the stripped output shaft and the back side of the " transfer case" that I'm looking for. It's so bad there are no splines left in it and the output shaft maybe has 25% left, not enough that I would risk using it on a new "transfer case". Btw thanks for your help so far weldngrind I really appreciate it.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #20

I was wondering how I can reach more ppl with my problem? Should I post in a diff area or something?maybe diff name of post?im sure I'm not the only person with a shaft drive zong out there I'm just not very familiar with how forums work or how to find other ppl with an atv like this.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #21

SpudRider is our most intrepid Moderator. He has a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience, and his photo-documentation skills are excellent.

Would you be willing to part with your existing motor? I'll be passing through next weekend, and I could grab it then. LMK.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #22

Quote:
I was wondering how I can reach more ppl with my problem? Should I post in a diff area or something?maybe diff name of post?im sure I'm not the only person with a shaft drive zong out there I'm just not very familiar with how forums work or how to find other ppl with an atv like this.
You're using exactly the right section, but I haven't actually heard of many shaft-driven Zongs. You're kind of blazing a new trail.

You could start a thread in the Off Topic/General Discussion section, and point to this thread. I think it's ok to ask for help there.

Humanbeing is an awesome resource, because he interprets Chinese languages for us. He knows how to search Taobao very efficiently, and he can likely point to what you need. Ask him here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ght=humanbeing

Old 03-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #23

The motor is still in and I wont have time to take it out for a couple weeks. I don't know if I want to let it go anyway. I was planning on keeping it for spare parts. Plus I need a couple things for the new motor. Did you need a part? Or just gonna fix it up? Also I still havnt unpacked the new(used) motor to see if it even runs or runs well. In the end if the new motor is bunk I will have to keep the origional and just take the shaft out and swap it. If I end up not needing one of them after I will contact you first. I come to chilliwack every few months anyway I could drop it off.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #24

I don't have a need for it, I just didn't want to see it get scrapped.

I have a disorder that causes me to collect Chinese motorcycle and quad parts.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #25

Swap is all done turns out the motors shaft was the only one that took damage. Runs good now. Hey weld i put the atv up for sale( 250 atv for sale in class). Your Prob not interested in it but IF the spare motor doesn't go with the atv would you want the spare? Also you seem pretty in tune around here, have you heard of any auto atvs 150-250cc for sale? I'd like one for my wife to ride but this one is standard. Or do you know if I can convert it?

Old 04-28-2015, 12:45 PM   #26

Some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.2 KB, 279 views)

Old 04-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #27

Pic2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.6 KB, 283 views)

Old 04-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #28

Curt I have not used Ali Express but plan to very soon. Ali Express is the online store for the wholesaler Alibaba and is the Chinese version of Amazon.com and by far larger than Amazon if you can believe that. You will not have any problems with Ali Express other than the wait times for the Chinese shipping.

/

Old 04-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Swap is all done turns out the motors shaft was the only one that took damage. Runs good now. Hey weld i put the atv up for sale( 250 atv for sale in class). Your Prob not interested in it but IF the spare motor doesn't go with the atv would you want the spare? Also you seem pretty in tune around here, have you heard of any auto atvs 150-250cc for sale? I'd like one for my wife to ride but this one is standard. Or do you know if I can convert it?
Glad to hear that you got the quad running; I hope it sells quickly for you.

If the motor needs a good home, I'd be happy to be the caretaker. I'd hate to see it get scrapped.

The only automatic quads I've seen have a 150 GY6 motor, which is a clone of a Honda scooter motor. My wife and our friend each have one, and they're very capable machines. They don't have a manual clutch or gears (just like a scooter), but they do often have reverse. One of ours has reverse at the rear axle, and the other has a planetary device at the output shaft (where the scooter rear wheel would go). Either one does the trick. The last one I found was around $250.00.

I'm not aware of a conversion for your quad to make it fully automatic. You could (theoretically) install a 200 Honda ATC engine in your quad, and install your existing drive shaft setup. That would result in a pull-start quad that has five forward gears and no clutch. Shifting would be required, but clutching would be gone. I'm not sure if all of the Honda 200 ATC trikes had reverse, but I know the Big Red did.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #30

I have a 150gy6 love it other than it burns oil like crazy. Want another one though. What do you think this green quad is worth?

Tags
169fmm, gear, parts, shaft, zong