Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #31

I'm the wrong guy to ask, since I'm not in the market for one. Have you had any bites at your current asking price?

GY6 parts are super cheap, so a top end rebuild would be a good plan for your GY6. While you're at it, you could choose a big bore 180cc upgrade.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #32

Yea lots of interest at this price. Have a deal on fri for 1g if the guys comes through. I was a thinking of doing the top end. Is there somewhere local that supplies gy6 engine parts? Also any info on weather or not the transmission holds up to a 180cc power. is the origional carb still good after the swap?

Old 04-29-2015, 11:44 PM   #33

I'd buy parts on eBay for a 180 swap. I can't imagine that the transmission would suffer, since the CVT is quite hearty. The carb will likely just need larger jets.

I've never done the swap, so I don't know any of this for sure. You can learn a lot from this site: http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/12...OKE_PARTS.html

If you rebuild your GY6, please take pics and share them.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Tags
169fmm, gear, parts, shaft, zong