Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #11

Third oil change and first Valve Adjustment at 1000 miles.

Oil change is a snap.

Valve Adjustment . . . well . . .

So, I followed the tutorial on the CSC website (as well as some of the notes and tricks people have left on here). Got everything stripped down and ready to go. TDC, Valve covers off, everything situated and out of the way . . . and it took about 2 hours of me loosening and checking valve lash, tightening, loosening, cursing, re-reading the tutorials and still not being able to get things adjusted right. When I initially took everything apart, I thought "wow, there is absolutely no movement in these rocker arms . . . yikes". I had to pretty much back off the adjustment screws to their limits before I could get a .006 mm feeler gauge in. I was thinking, there's no way the guys at CSC had these valves this tight. Then I was thinking . . . crap . . . what if something went wrong (remembered reading something about valve recession) . . .

Right about the time I was about to give up and call Gerry, I thought, let me start from the beginning and make sure I'm not being a bonehead.

I was.

I was at TDC of the intake stroke . . .

It took me about 5 minutes to adjust all the valves and another 15 minutes to put it all back together afterwards. Fired right up and runs like a dream.

Derp.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"