Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #1

Tubeless conversion RIM

Hi folks I am new here I was looking to replace my spokes rims with aluminum and found this https://www.engtb.com/item/taobao/618262219884.html
Anyone tried? are they straight fit?

Old 08-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaly View Post
Hi folks I am new here I was looking to replace my spokes rims with aluminum and found this https://www.engtb.com/item/taobao/618262219884.html
Anyone tried? are they straight fit?
I believe those are the OEM cast wheels for China and Asia market RX3s. The problem is that they come with a 15" rear; that size tire is damn near impossible to source here in the US in a dual sport tread. There are several street and cruiser tire models available in that size wheel, as well as the Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41 that is used on the front of the Yamaha Niken; but nothing for off road riding, and that kind of defeats the purpose of riding an ADV bike - to be able to venture off pavement.

Old 09-05-2020, 11:53 PM   #3

Useless tyre sizes
I do have a new spoke wheel and made tubeless with shinko tire I could send to USA around $250 total

Old 09-21-2020, 04:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
I believe those are the OEM cast wheels for China and Asia market RX3s. The problem is that they come with a 15" rear; that size tire is damn near impossible to source here in the US in a dual sport tread. There are several street and cruiser tire models available in that size wheel, as well as the Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41 that is used on the front of the Yamaha Niken; but nothing for off road riding, and that kind of defeats the purpose of riding an ADV bike - to be able to venture off pavement.
I'm planning to use my bike 95% of the times road use, and I like the idea of upgrading the front brake to a floating disk with 4 piston caliper (the actual one really sucks).
What sort of tire size can I fit on them rims?

Old 09-21-2020, 04:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Useless tyre sizes
I do have a new spoke wheel and made tubeless with shinko tire I could send to USA around $250 total
Front and back?