Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2020, 06:59 AM   #1

Orion RXB 250L "New 249cc Engine"

Anyone have any info on RXB 250L? Looked at it very hard before buying the Xpect 200 from them. Now their site claims "New 249CC Engine":

249cc Zongshen 4-stroke single cylinder air cooled. STARTER Kick Start/Electric Start IGNITION CDI Box. H.P. 19.5. TRANSMISSION 5 Speed Manual Shift

Old 09-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #2

Yes, the new Engine is loosely based on a Yamaha design but it is not quite as parts interchangeability compatible as the old 230cc Engine was that was Honda CG based. Also, the new engine while is a 249cc rather than the old 229cc ,is also 7 pounds heavier . Joe Henner of Joe Henner MotorSports who is known as THE " RXB Guy" has already identified some mods /parts for the new engine and has them on hand.They are not as numerous as for the old style Engine but there is still quite a few , such as 4 degree advanced timing key, CDI box ,and a few other pieces .The frame and suspension remain the same so he can also upgrade the rear shock .,etc. The RXB Owners Group FaceBook page has a lot more info and details . The " old" RXB 250L is a very capable off road bike that performs better than anything else in its class in it's price range in the dirt ,the Brozz 250 and Hawk DLX might be better on the Street side of things, so it all comes down to what your primary use is going to be . Personally i was a fan of the "old" style engine but ORION didn't really have a choice on going with the new engine because ZongShen said they were no longer going to build the 229cc.I'm sure the 249 will be reliable and durable ,the only drawback to it at this time is not as many aftermarket hop up parts.But , i am confident they will come in time, the big issue is the 7 pound weight increase but unless you are really thrashing i dont think it will hurt the average trail Rider .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 09-26-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Old 09-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #3

Wow 7 pounds! They must have really beefed up that engine or the old engine was really flimsy. If it is based off the Yamaha engine, it won't be the first china Yamaha. They bought Yamaha's tooling on their old 2 stroke. They made the tse250 engune based on that. From what I have read it is super reliable and has a great powerband. Hopefully this new 249cc 4 stroke will be the same.

Old 09-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #4

From the photos it looks like a mirrored version of the engine used on the XTZ 250 (NOT an XT 250)

Old 10-04-2020, 03:32 AM   #5

CB250/F
From older version CB and upgrades
Several versions like it with 6 gears balance shaft or even 4 valve head miss days
Only new in USA but old hat in china