Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #16

I would like to transform a Guzzi V7 Stone into one I think it would be pretty easy

Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
I would like to transform a Guzzi V7 Stone into one I think it would be pretty easy

Hell i would love to have a Guzzi in general...but one like that....would just be epic
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 11-14-2015, 06:23 AM   #18

I was an 18 year old just finishing high school when the interceptors came out ,and we had a very mild winter that year so everybody took their new bikes out for a first ride one Sunday in February .Well it was mild when they left ,but the temperature dropped freezing the water from the melting snow on the roads sending many bikers into the rhubarb .Anyways I bought a bunch of sport bikes from the insurance companies including two interceptor 750's ,a red one and a blue one .They were the first sport bikes I bought that didn't require any fork work or front wheels ,the aluminum frame collapsed instead ! At the time I worked at the local honda dealer after school ,$753.00 bought me a brand new frame and it took me a day or so to switch all the parts over ( the engine cradle unbolts from the frame allowing very quick engine swaps )other than the chin spoiler and rad that was mangled as well .Those two bikes were virtually brand new and only had 150 km and 185 km on them ,had originally sold for $3200.00 ,I bought them for $106.00 each and offered them up for $2900.00 each and sold them within a few hours of the want ads coming out ( no internet back then to sell them l.o.l.)
They were a pretty cool bike ,easy to work on ,and compared to the many gpz's and the Ducati I bought at the same time ,cheap and easy to repair .

Old 11-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #19

I have a feeling i am probably going to get a lot of WTF? looks when its done..especially with running a stunt bike style crash cage around the engine...One idea i may seriously consider is making the skid plating part of the cage...basically have it either bolted or welded to the bottom of the cage to form a belly pan of sorts under the stock lower quarter fairing. I suspect that by moving to an LED or HID headlight i will have enough power in reserve in the lighting side of the electrical to support low wattage lights like Rigids. Still going to do an isolation system of some sort and have the aux lights on their own battery to ensure i still have a starting battery no matter what. The Relay method that Weld suggested is the most compact and easiest to maintain option as once its wired in its a matter of swapping out a smaller relay when it fails vs a large isolator. One other option is a smart solenoid which will do essentially the same thing and is a little more robust.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 04-08-2017, 11:10 PM   #20

So i did some reading tonight to find out what the output on the Interceptors stator was...that took some digging...anyways, It turns out that they have a 300W alternator which is the same output as the Zongshen bikes and we have all seen aux lights fitted to those already. So Lighting wise the plan is to fit a JW Speaker LED headlight to reduce draw on the headlight side of the system. Then fit a pair of Rigid Dually or Kodiak LED lights as aux lighting. Might even just look at the idea of a single 7" LED bar mounted under the main headlight for that aux light.

The ideas that will remain from the original concept idea:

Honda CBR rear shock upgrade with 1.5" lift built into adapter bracket to give the bike better ground clearance.
Change the muffler configuration to be closer to stock set up to relocate the Kerker K series mufflers to a higher mount and more level under Ammo cases
.30 cal Ammo cases fitted as panniers
Replace front turn signals with stock rubber mounted units
relocate the current aluminum turnsignals back slightly to clear ammo cans.
Replace upper triple clamp assembly with a custom machined unit designed to accept dirt bike clamps and handle bars
Relocate stock fuse box or replace fully with one from Honda CBR hidden in front upper body assembly
JW Speaker Evolution LED headlight

Optional:
Honda CBR wheel conversion which will allow me to run 17" Radial tires Pirelli Trail Scorpion or similar adventure bike type tires

The tire side of things is still up to debate as i figured out a tire set up that would fit the theme of the bike and allow me to keep the stock wheels
Which would be using either an Avon Roadrider, Metzler Lazertec or a Bridgestone Batlax front tire with an Avon Distanza rear tire. So essentially a street front tire with a dual sport rear. The lazertec has a tread pattern that looks a lot like the distanza front tire.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post

Another bike that would lend itself well to such a build would be a Honda CX500 like what El Fromage (Cheesy) has.

Case in point:

Save
Save
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote: