Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Magician

Has anybody ordered one of this yet?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Has anybody ordered one of this yet?
We've shipped a couple dozen. Main differences are lighter weight, easier assembly, slightly higher speed, slightly better fuel consumption, smaller rims, lower seat height, tires better suited for on-road.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:59 AM   #3

Sounds good. I wonder what the top speed is stock?

Old 08-19-2016, 11:08 AM   #4

I wouldn't expect anything more than 65 mph to max 70 mph down a mountain hill on the magician. These motors don't have excessive hp, but if you aren't using it for constant freeway riding then you should be ok. Most of my roads on the Hawk to travel to any trail or even to work are 55 mph and it goes 60-62 mph just fine (17/45 sprocket change). The Hawks are more for time spent in the trail and they say the new Magician is more for the pavement.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #5

Ill be doing 95% of my riding pavement on mostly posted 55 roads. That's why I was wondering if the Magician would cruise comfortably at 60.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Ill be doing 95% of my riding pavement on mostly posted 55 roads. That's why I was wondering if the Magician would cruise comfortably at 60.
Our mechanic took it out on the interstate and said he was able to do 60, I'd say the Magician is about 5mph faster than the Hawk. I know people do some modifications on the Hawk to get its speed higher, so I'm sure the same can be done with the Magician.

Some people have been discussing the Magician in more detail at this thread: http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17295

Old 08-19-2016, 02:01 PM   #7

60 indicated on the bike, or "60 verified with gps"? , that can be a 10 mph difference on some of these China bikes

All joking aside this looks like another good bike to have in my collection, so my main Q is:

How hard is the valve adjustments?

On our little Bashan 200 popping the valve cover off, spinning the engine to TDC, adjusting the valves and putting the valve cover back on torqued to spec takes all of 10 minutes... and I usually have to run after a hyperactive kiddo 6 of those minutes it really takes no time at all.

So again, is there plenty of room to pop that valve cover off, or are we going to 'tilt' the engine every time we need to adjust them

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #8

There is a wonderful video of the Magician put out by your favorite dealer, Azhule

Keep in mind these have the same off-road certification as the Hawk, so make sure you can register it in Colorado. I agree it looks like a good bike and seemingly capable right out of the box, but make sure you can register it.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
We've shipped a couple dozen. Main differences are lighter weight, easier assembly, slightly higher speed, slightly better fuel consumption, smaller rims, lower seat height, tires better suited for on-road.
So where can a guy buy one?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 08-19-2016, 10:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
So where can a guy buy one?
According to the other thread somewhere on chinariders, Adam mentions anywhere you can buy a Hawk. I would start with ASPCA (or whatever they are called)--seem to be THE place to buy a Hawk...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #11

Bet you could convince manny to donate a bike to azhule in exchange for a good endorsement. Sounds like pay to play, now where have I heard that recently.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-20-2016, 12:49 AM   #12

I wonder if the odometer shows mph? Does it have a tach,fuel gauge? I'm interested in it but need more info before i can make a decision. On some sites the specs they show are from the Hawk not the Magician. I wish these online sellers would get their act together.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
I wonder if the odometer shows mph? Does it have a tach,fuel gauge? I'm interested in it but need more info before i can make a decision. On some sites the specs they show are from the Hawk not the Magician. I wish these online sellers would get their act together.
Check post #6 where Adam has a link. Most of your questions can be answered there.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
According to the other thread somewhere on chinariders, Adam mentions anywhere you can buy a Hawk. I would start with ASPCA (or whatever they are called)--seem to be THE place to buy a Hawk...
I've looked at a couple of dealer websites and I don't see it listed. I'm hesitant to just call them up and say I want to buy a bike not listed on their website. I've read on these forums of people receiving different bikes than they ordered. Calling a dealer up and ordering a bike not even listed on their website seems tailor made to result in confusion and me maybe not getting the bike I wanted.

I'm considering buying one for my son, but I think I'll wait until the normal process is in place and I can order it off a dealer's website like a normal purchase. Of course, orders can still get messed up, but that seems less likely to.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #15

https://www.txpowersports.com/New_Bu...tock-now-!.htm