Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Whats wrong with picking ONE Freight company? Granted I'm not saying I know anything about that side of the business. Just going by how smooth my order was from familygokarts.com their method seems to work. They only use UPS Freight. It was Fast, and both familygokarts.com and UPS Freight kept in contact with me, without ME having to initiate the communication. FGK.com NEEDS to start selling Bikes. They HAVE their SCHMITT together.
Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, we have had to start using other shippers because UPS Freight was damaging too many deliveries. It got to be seriously bad, and our customers were complaining about how they were being treated by the UPS service center phone staff and the drivers. Basically, they just didn't like going into residential areas and there were taking it out on the customers.

Now we're using a few different carriers. We've signed on and tested several and only agree to keep using the ones that provide the best service. So far, this has been working out great. We now even offer a $50 discount when the customer agrees to pick up the shipment from their local truck terminal. This actually saves the customer around $70 because we also don't have to collect the $20 residential delivery fee that the trucking companies usually charge. It's a win win for everyone!

Always looking for ways to improve!

Old 08-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGoKarts View Post
Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, we have had to start using other shippers because UPS Freight was damaging too many deliveries. It got to be seriously bad, and our customers were complaining about how they were being treated by the UPS service center phone staff and the drivers. Basically, they just didn't like going into residential areas and there were taking it out on the customers.

Now we're using a few different carriers. We've signed on and tested several and only agree to keep using the ones that provide the best service. So far, this has been working out great. We now even offer a $50 discount when the customer agrees to pick up the shipment from their local truck terminal. This actually saves the customer around $70 because we also don't have to collect the $20 residential delivery fee that the trucking companies usually charge. It's a win win for everyone!

Always looking for ways to improve!

This is great thank you. I think with more Vender transparency and customer relationships like this, would be a win-win for everyone. Other top venders should take note.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #18

I had an absolutely horrible Shipping experience with the Carrier Venom Motorsports used to ship my Vader ,I couldn't really be angry with Venom as the problems were the Carriers .Well, I sort of still was because that is the Carrier they choose to use but I understood that mine was a very unusual occurrence ,as evidenced by the generally stellar reviews of Venom motorsports here at chinariders.
What I'm getting at , is it is a damn shame that businesses can be so negatively affected by Carriers and so often are .That's why FamilyGoKarts post makes so much sense, if what was working begins to not work, you have to take action.It's tough for me to figure out how a Corporate Account with a Carrier isn't taken more seriously on the Trucking Co.'s end , you have got gauranteed business and to throw it away by consistent under performance is just nuts ,maybe the trucking co.'s have so much business that they just don't care but even so I can't see it as being a sustainable business model ,I expressed to Venom that when it comes time to renew that deal with their primary Carrier my case be presented as an example of just what they don't need happening to their reputation via a third party . I imagine it is tough enough already to meet expectations as a Dealer without having to take black eyes over issues the Carrier caused and not the Dealer themselves.,and that is what happens a lot, the Dealer is roasted over Carrier failures.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 09-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I had an absolutely horrible Shipping experience with the Carrier Venom Motorsports used to ship my Vader ,I couldn't really be angry with Venom as the problems were the Carriers .Well, I sort of still was because that is the Carrier they choose to use but I understood that mine was a very unusual occurrence ,as evidenced by the generally stellar reviews of Venom motorsports here at chinariders.
What I'm getting at , is it is a damn shame that businesses can be so negatively affected by Carriers and so often are .That's why FamilyGoKarts post makes so much sense, if what was working begins to not work, you have to take action.It's tough for me to figure out how a Corporate Account with a Carrier isn't taken more seriously on the Trucking Co.'s end , you have got gauranteed business and to throw it away by consistent under performance is just nuts ,maybe the trucking co.'s have so much business that they just don't care but even so I can't see it as being a sustainable business model ,I expressed to Venom that when it comes time to renew that deal with their primary Carrier my case be presented as an example of just what they don't need happening to their reputation via a third party . I imagine it is tough enough already to meet expectations as a Dealer without having to take black eyes over issues the Carrier caused and not the Dealer themselves.,and that is what happens a lot, the Dealer is roasted over Carrier failures.
I Agree. Only issue I had dealing with APSCUSA wasn't APSCUSA but the Carrier for my Daughters UTV. Even though he carrier damaged the UTV, APSCUSA and Cazador resolved the issue quickly.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel