Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2018, 07:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I went to visit Alan at Excalibur Motorsports today, and I asked him to call his connections at Taotao to ask directly if this bike would be CARB legal for California. His connection told him that at this time the answer is no, but the bike was at their Chino warehouse. I figured Alan and I could take a drive to Taotao's warehouse to see one, but his connection said the guy who would put one together is away until Thursday. But the point is--the Taotao is here, and I am guessing ready to order. They will probably have to drop the price a bit. Speaking of Alan--shameless plug--call him if you want ANY Taotao product, or Dongfang, or Ice Bear, etc. 909-591-8800
This commercial brought to by "Culcune" @ Chinariders. net All kidding aside. Thanks for posting the information on the bike.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #17

I was talking to a clearance wholesaler in Chongqing and he was selling Bashan
He’s shocked Americans think they are good as he said the quality is pretty poor.
Speaking to other bike dealers locally in China they are confused why Americans buy Chinese bikes and Chinese guys want American bikes lol.

But at $1400 in the USA how’s a $7-800 exfactory bike gunna be much good and with warranty??

The CSC TT250 would be the better of the low end choice n leave the others behind.

Here guys if they buy a cheap bike it’s a dirt bike called CQR with the OHC CB250
Pretty rare to find a CG off road bike here

Old 11-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
This commercial brought to by "Culcune" @ Chinariders. net All kidding aside. Thanks for posting the information on the bike.
I approve this message!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I was talking to a clearance wholesaler in Chongqing and he was selling Bashan
He’s shocked Americans think they are good as he said the quality is pretty poor.
Speaking to other bike dealers locally in China they are confused why Americans buy Chinese bikes and Chinese guys want American bikes lol.

But at $1400 in the USA how’s a $7-800 exfactory bike gunna be much good and with warranty??

The CSC TT250 would be the better of the low end choice n leave the others behind.

Here guys if they buy a cheap bike it’s a dirt bike called CQR with the OHC CB250
Pretty rare to find a CG off road bike here
I think it is the idea of getting something of some substance for little money. A 'kit' of sorts since the bikes arrive in a box and you have to assemble it and get it street ready. Not to mention, the powers that be have seemingly absorbed all our collective spending money and redistributed it to bills (increased auto insurance--over the years, electric bills, water, medical, food, rent/mortgage, etc., etc.). We can either use our $1500 for a down payment and have years of payments or pay cash and explore what we can do with the 'kit in a box.'

I will argue and state that there are a few Chinese companies making decent bikes--SSR imports Chinese made Benellis for example which seem like they are worth a look, Zongshen makes a few good bikes including the low-cost enduro and their RX3 which has proven itself as a quality bike. Lifan has and is releasing some seemingly good, high-quality bikes.

One market that is greatly underserved--'disposable' bikes for the numerous adventure bikers who fly to the US and plan to ride to points south in Mexico, Central and South America. Too expensive for many to ship their own bikes, and the brand name bikes are very expensive here and more so south of the US border. What better way to explore than to buy a $1500 bike and ride the snot out of it on an adventure and either try to sell it to someone or leave it at the side of the road and fly back to wherever the traveler came from?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard