Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I was in two wrecks yesterday in less than three hours. Both were caused by distracted drivers. Neither my fault. The first one was a young girl (20) on a cell phone in a 99 Mustang GT. She tried to jump the light, but it was the turning lane light, not ours, and hit us hard in the rear end. She pushed us about 30 feet. We just got the Soul back from being repaired from a wreck back in February when another elderly lady (71) jumped the light and plowed us in the rear. Same thing, turning light for the other lane and she jumped the light hitting us and almost pushing us into the car in front of us.

The second wreck I was in yesterday was an elderly lady (65+) turning left as I was turning left. She went wide while watching up the street instead of where she was in her lane. She ran under the passenger side cab of my truck. She back out and ran. We were sitting right in front of the town police station. Unfortunately, my truck is having some running issue so I elected not to chase her down. It's a beat-up work truck anyway.

That's three wrecks I have been in since February, none my fault, and two happened yesterday within three hours. Yesterday was not a good day at all. So both our Soul and my Ranger were wrecked in three hours. I just can't get over how bad my luck has been throughout my life.
Whoa!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Whoa!
It was one of those days. Either laugh it off or snap and hurt someone. I chose not to snap but there were moments I wasn't sure I could contain myself.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #18

Quote:
I was in two wrecks yesterday in less than three hours. Both were caused by distracted drivers. Neither my fault. The first one was a young girl (20) on a cell phone in a 99 Mustang GT. She tried to jump the light, but it was the turning lane light, not ours, and hit us hard in the rear end. She pushed us about 30 feet. We just got the Soul back from being repaired from a wreck back in February when another elderly lady (71) jumped the light and plowed us in the rear. Same thing, turning light for the other lane and she jumped the light hitting us and almost pushing us into the car in front of us.

The second wreck I was in yesterday was an elderly lady (65+) turning left as I was turning left. She went wide while watching up the street instead of where she was in her lane. She ran under the passenger side cab of my truck. She back out and ran. We were sitting right in front of the town police station. Unfortunately, my truck is having some running issue so I elected not to chase her down. It's a beat-up work truck anyway.

That's three wrecks I have been in since February, none my fault, and two happened yesterday within three hours. Yesterday was not a good day at all. So both our Soul and my Ranger were wrecked in three hours. I just can't get over how bad my luck has been throughout my life.

move north... less bluehairs, less crazies.....

Old 09-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
move north... less bluehairs, less crazies.....

Out of four wrecks in two years, it's 50/50. Two were elderly and two were 20/21. Maybe if I move half way I'll start getting hit by hot women close to my own age, 41.

Oh and most of my area has been taken over by retired Yankees looking for cheap property and housing.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #20

Quote:

Oh and most of my area has been taken over by retired Yankees looking for cheap property and housing.

Not this kid. I've experienced a snowfall in SC that shut the state down yet I wouldn't have bothered shoveling at home.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 09-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Not this kid. I've experienced a snowfall in SC that shut the state down yet I wouldn't have bothered shoveling at home.

We just need an excuse to stay home.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #22

Quote:
We just need an excuse to stay home.

Looks like you get to stay home for Florence now, too.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 09-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Looks like you get to stay home for Florence now, too.
If I was close to the coast. I'm closer to GA and WNC than the coast. 15 minutes to Polk County NC and an hour to Rabun County GA. Three hours to Charleston and five hours to Horry County. I hope everyone on the coast takes heed and gets out of town.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #24

Quote:

Good grief, now your looking down the barrel of a loaded shotgun named Florence. Im hoping yall come out ok, but it doesnt look very good.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Good grief, now your looking down the barrel of a loaded shotgun named Florence. Im hoping yall come out ok, but it doesnt look very good.

Thankfully I'm not close to the coast. Unfortunately, we are expecting possible record rainfall. I live on a hill in a shallow valley, more like a deep wide ditch. We don't normally see flooding, except down below us about 300 yards. There is a creek that rarely floods, but it has twice in my life. I'm 41. The first time was hurricane Hugo in the late 80's and a freak weather pattern a few years back. Now, there are several new housing developments that send their runoff into the creek. I guess it may be possible for us to see water up onto our block now. The water would have to come up about fifty feet to reach the foundation of my home, maybe a little higher. I'm not sure it could come up that far. There's to many other areas close by for the water to spread out and disipate.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Thankfully I'm not close to the coast.
I will be by the coast soon... have to go to North Carolina to help some family out...

Sooo...

If you don't hear from me in a few weeks, just wait longer

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I will be by the coast soon... have to go to North Carolina to help some family out...

Sooo...

If you don't hear from me in a few weeks, just wait longer
Be safe and good luck.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #28

The kiddo and I almost died twice today... by the same dumb ace lady... within a few seconds of each event...

First time... driving in my own lane, speed limit is 45 mph, this blue chevy car almost rear ends us going well over the speed limit (probably 65+ mph), changed lanes almost side swiping us, then slams on her brakes realizing there is traffic in that lane only going 35 getting ready to turn into Walmart... she instantly forces her way into my lane ignoring my horn and we have to go into oncoming traffic to (hopefully) avoid a long day of headaches...

Lucky for me there was a small "shared turn lane" that no one was using (I seen this well before the incident happened... always be aware of your surroundings!)... I was in my tuned up Forester XT with ~280 awhp... I floor it, we fly past the little chevy, I merge in front of her and slam on my brakes to get back in line and not rear end the truck that was originally in front of us... forcing the dumb lady in the chevy to slam on her brakes after trying to now box us out...

This is where I really get pissy... the lady that forced us into doing all that sh**... leans over and starts digging for something down in the passenger foot area, she picks up her cell phone... waves it at us and mouths "I'm calling the cops a$$hole!"...

I wave at her, my son gave her a "thumbs up and a wave goodbye" and we go about our business up the mountain leaving that little chevy in the dust...

Several miles down the road what do I see... that same little chevy finally catching back up speeding up the mountain, brights flashing, then giving me a "your #1 sign" with one hand and what looked like trying to film us with her cell phone in the other hand...

All I have to say is...

WTF is wrong with people?!?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.