Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #1

Anyone Put Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki Stickers On their Hawk? :)?

LOL... I am not sure if it makes me a traitor or a jerk to the Hawk 250 scene, but I have been thinking about slapping a Honda or Yamaha sticker on my Hawk 250 to make it appear as one of the more common bikes so that I can spare myself the hassle, ridicule, and cross-examination from people who dont know about the hawk yet.

Has anyone done this yet on their Hawk? If so, which Japanese model decals/sticker fits best on the Hawk? I am still debating on doing this, but some people out there are a real stickler for buying Japanese bikes and I dont have the energy to explain to each and every one of them my choice for buying the Hawk 250. They would wear me out!!

Just wondering if anyone has done this on their Hawk. Pictures would be great if you got 'em! Thanks.

If I suck for doing this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Thanks!!

Old 12-24-2017, 01:07 AM   #2

Just tell em it's china..i could care less what others think.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-24-2017, 01:56 AM   #3

I go to great lengths to remove badges and stickers from all of my bikes. Who made a bike doesn't determine if it is good or not. The Hawk may not be amazing, but as a whole, and especially for its price, it is a good bike. Once you work out some kinks, most of which are simply due to it's cheap price, it makes a great all around bike. Both as a cheap commuter, and a trail bike.

When people ask me what it is, I tell them it is a Hawk. I get a kick out of people calling it chinese junk, when as a whole it has been pretty dang reliable.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 12-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #4

I've been thinking of slapping a few "Made in China" stickers on my Kawasaki KLR 650... no one in my area wants to steal a motorcycle that is made in China

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #5

I plan on getting a couple chinese flag stickers for my roketa.
Dont make it something it’s not.
1972 Honda xl250
2x early 90's Honda rf600 parts bikes
more mc junk laying around.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #6

Im leaving the Hawk as the Hawk! When i get pulled over for speeding i want the police to know i was on the Hawk and not some Lessor bike. Besides i think my registration notes it as a hawk and not anything else.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
Im leaving the Hawk as the Hawk! When i get pulled over for speeding i want the police to know i was on the Hawk and not some Lessor bike. Besides i think my registration notes it as a hawk and not anything else.
I dont think the word China is a bad thing. Think about it. How many devices like your phone is coming from. Factories are getting better and better. iSO standards are producing great quality no matter where its from.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #8

Has anyone removed the Hawk lettering on the seat? If so, what did you use.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Has anyone removed the Hawk lettering on the seat? If so, what did you use.
Afaik people simply use a rag dampened with acetone to wipe it away.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #10

No, but I did do this to my Pitster.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #11

Haha, thanks everyone.

But I know that there is at least ONE member here on the forums who has put a Honda set of stickers on their gas tank! I cant find that post or pic, but am hoping you come forward!

Where oh where are you my Honda Hawk member?

Old 12-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapo_ChiRi View Post
Haha, thanks everyone.

But I know that there is at least ONE member here on the forums who has put a Honda set of stickers on their gas tank! I cant find that post or pic, but am hoping you come forward!

Where oh where are you my Honda Hawk member?
That guy apologized for his Honda badge and may have removed it by now.

These bikes are amazingly good for their cost, and darned good whatever the cost.

Don't you think it'd be more fun to outride some HondawasuziYam owner riding on what HE/She thinks is "China Junk"?

Make 'em eat their derision.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILL View Post
That guy apologized for his Honda badge and may have removed it by now.

These bikes are amazingly good for their cost, and darned good whatever the cost.

Don't you think it'd be more fun to outride some HondawasuziYam owner riding on what HE/She thinks is "China Junk"?

Make 'em eat their derision.
You do make a great point, I will admit.

Because I for one, am displeased with the insane prices for Japanese bikes anymore!!!!

Old 12-25-2017, 02:32 AM   #14

To be fair, most Japanese bikes of the same engine size made in the last 20 years will eat a Hawk for breakfast. Suspension wise alone they are far better off. Same for power.

That said, even simply keeping up with them on a trail says a lot. Where you will see the Hawk fall behind is when you try and get more aggressive, or start trying to do jumps. It's just not what these bikes were meant for.

I do agree that many Japanese enduros/dirt bikes have gotten a little silly in their prices. You can pick up a good used one once in a while for a decent price though. I have been keeping my eye open for a CRF450 lately to build a Sumo, and have seen a couple for 2k-ish, here and there. usually they are 4-5k.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #15

I haven't run across anyone that talked bad about my Hawk. Only received complements on how nice it looks and the disbelief on what I paid for it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel