Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2021, 02:16 PM   #1

Hawk 250 DLX rear brake pin/post missing?

Hi guys - first post, so go easy on me...

Ordered my first motorbike ever - a Hawk DLX - and got a Raven BSR 250 in the mail - Long story! (Maybe I'll post that later... TLDR: bought it for a good discount, and company sent me an actual DLX.) I mention it, because I've now successfully put together one of these china bikes, and I'm a pretty handy/DIY problem-solver and mechanic (Raven is working great), but I am having an issue with assembling the DLX.

The rear brake spring can attach to the hole in the foot lever just fine, but there seems to be no corresponding pin/post to attach the other end to!

For reference, I attached a few pics: 1 - pic from DLX assembly video clearing showing the pin/post I'm talking about. 2 & 3 - pics of my bike.

So, was there a redesign of the brakes and I'm just not seeing where the spring is supposed to attach? (I just can't see anywhere to attach that spring! ) or did QC fail at the factory? (It doesn't look like anything broke off from that area in shipping - it's smooth metal and paint.)

I've sent an inquiry to the support email where I bought, as well, but it's a long weekend (Memorial Day), and probably won't hear back for some days...

Thanks for any/all advice, opinions, etc.
And I'm glad to be a part of the chinariders forum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg video.jpg (79.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 20210528_223638.jpg (115.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg 20210528_223644.jpg (127.0 KB, 123 views)

Tags
bike assembly, brake spring, hawk dlx, quality control, rear brake