Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
mine is bogging at throttle blip, i may try to go up to 38 or so pilot tomorrow..i'm not sure. that air/fuel mixture screw is in the worst place
Mine is doing the same thing when I try to blip the throttle it boggs. I turned in the fuel adjustment screw and it made it worse. and it was already turned out 3 turns.
I assume that means I need a bigger pilot. Im going to shim the needle in the am after I pick up some bolts to put the bowl back on after removing the tamper proof ones.

Will the pilot jets you guys have in the kits not work with this carb ?

Old 04-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #152

Will the pilot jets you guys have in the kits not work with this carb ?

no, these don't fit...booo

Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #153

Nope. I ordered PZ30 main/pilot jets and these pilot jets are way different. Only info I was able to find (and that was only in a listing for jets) was "cold start jets". So maybe we have some new breed of PZ30??

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I'm torn. These are supposed to be good carbs so I'm gonna put my main jet in and give it a chance. But yeah, I'm considering it too.

You know what's up with the funky looking pilot jet ARH?
If I have to change the pilot jet this carb is history I will get the Mikuni unless I can find the pilot jets

Last edited by goat67; 04-26-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #155

i ordered a mikuni today, should have it saturday. i just like the fact i can get jets more readily. ordered a fuel mixture adjustment knob too

Old 04-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #156

Quote:
i ordered a mikuni today, should have it saturday. i just like the fact i can get jets more readily. ordered a fuel mixture adjustment knob too
Let us know how you like that idle mixture screw knob.
Do you have a link? I have three Mikuni's now and even with my special tool to get to them, it's still kind of a pain.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Let us know how you like that idle mixture screw knob.
Do you have a link? I have three Mikuni's now and even with my special tool to get to them, it's still kind of a pain.
Here is what I ordered..Hopefully it will help, small but as long as I can turn it
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-VM26-30...=2041636613015

Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
If I have to change the pilot jet this carb is history I will get the Mikuni unless I can find the pilot jets
One of the problems with the Keihin is that each series of carburetor seems to have a totally different pilot jet (Keihin calls this a "slow jet"). There is a reason that Mikuni is so popular as an aftermarket carburetor. It works, and it is easy to find both jets for. And, if necessary, also different throttle slides with more/less cutaway. More cutaway = lessor Accelerator pump type action. Less cutaway = More accelerator pump like action. But throttle cutaway is the next to the last adjustment you make....ARH

Old 04-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #159

Well....Couple things here. Ive had the tank off and the sending unit out several times (due to the excessive rust in the tank my bike showed up with). While waiting on the replacement tank I gave mine a muratic acid cleansing that worked great. However, after I had it all buttoned up and was installing fuel I noticed fuel steadily dripping onto the garage floor. My fuel sending unit was leaking fuel where the wire goes threw the unit.

Flustered since I've had this out too many times already I removed the sending unit and blocked it off. (picture)

I also installed the 110 jet into the stock carb, also added a washer to the needle to richen it up a tiny bit and while it ran / worked great, I personally did not notice a "huge" difference.

Maybe I'm expecting it to run like a 400?? (it runs great) but the power still felt the same to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0204[1].jpg (98.3 KB, 224 views)

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

Old 04-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Well....Couple things here. Ive had the tank off and the sending unit out several times (due to the excessive rust in the tank my bike showed up with). While waiting on the replacement tank I gave mine a muratic acid cleansing that worked great. However, after I had it all buttoned up and was installing fuel I noticed fuel steadily dripping onto the garage floor. My fuel sending unit was leaking fuel where the wire goes threw the unit.

Flustered since I've had this out too many times already I removed the sending unit and blocked it off. (picture)

I also installed the 110 jet into the stock carb, also added a washer to the needle to richen it up a tiny bit and while it ran / worked great, I personally did not notice a "huge" difference.

Maybe I'm expecting it to run like a 400?? (it runs great) but the power still felt the same to me.
Gas gauges on bikes are overrated unless you have fuel injection, and even then you have a trip meter. Out of all the bikes I've had, only four have had gauges and none of them were accurate. That's why carbureted bikes come with a reserve. Call me Old School but it's just not a big deal to me. Get on, slosh the bike back and forth, your ear tells you how much gas you basically have. Hell, my old Harley had no gauges whatsoever. It was like a bicycle.

Regarding the mods, no....it won't turn your bike into a 400.....but it will most definitely make it more responsive and have more even power across the band. Don't forget the real upside to these....the dang things will run forever and sip gas. ;-)

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 04-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #161

Yeah, I'll admit, The fuel gauge was part of the *bling* that I liked about the bike. But I'm over it. One less thing to go wrong later. And now when it does I dont have to shamefully day "the gauge on the china bike quit..." LOL

The bike runs awesome and its still getting broke in as Ive only put a little over 200 miles on it.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #162

It's kinda useless anyway. Mine read Full for 100 miles then it dropped and bounces between empty and 1/2 tank LOL

Old 04-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #163

Hey Big Weld! How about a shot of that cool tail bag please? I'm thinking of mounting one to our TT250. Did you just run the long straps under the fender??? Any strapping tricks? Thanks!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 04-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #164

got the mikuni today and installed it with a 110 main, last notch for the eclip, 1 3/4 turns out on the fuel mixture and runs better, i am sure i need to tune the fuel mixture a little but it is good for now

Old 04-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #165

Quote:
got the mikuni today and installed it with a 110 main, last notch for the eclip, 1 3/4 turns out on the fuel mixture and runs better, i am sure i need to tune the fuel mixture a little but it is good for now
Keep us updated. I have no shame in being a copy cat if it works better

Considering an airbox mod.