Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Tmec 200

Here we go...

My Tmec 200 arrived yesterday.
I don't want to say where I bought it from yet, as I want to give them a chance to fix the problem.
But... I called before I placed my order to make sure they had the motard style wheels and tires, and the sales rep said " absolutely, just make sure you put it in the notes of the order"... so I did.
I'd like to note here that the only reason I bought the Tmec over 3 or 4 other options was for the wheels and tires. (expletive deleted)
It came with full blown knobbed off-road tires..

I hope they try to fix that because I have 3 friends waiting to see how my experience turns out to decide if they want to order some Chinese bikes.

Next... Ive read about this before, but I already had a smaller sprocket waiting when the bike arrived. I had read that people had problems with snapping the bolts off, but that cant happen to me right? wrong

The first bolt I tried to turn out of the rear sprocket snapped right off.
So I didn't even try to pull the other ones out.
Now comes all the questions.

Does anyone have any fancy tricks for getting bolts out of the hub that seem to have the strongest Loctite known to man in them.

If I just leave the 5 bolts in the current sprocket, can it be driven like that?
I feel like these bikes don't have enough torque to rip 5 bolts out of a hub.

If I order new wheels, Do they have to have the same hubs? or can they be different as long as the disks match up with the caliper?

#4 Damn it ass poop fart I just want to get out and ride.

P.S.
I'm going to have to shop around here in pa to find a notary that doesn't want to send my MCO and Vin Etching to Harrisburg to get approved because of this damn L at the start of the VIN

Old 04-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #3

#1 - Heat gun or propane torch.
#2 - I'd ride it if the others are snug. I've ridden worse. They only take very little torque once you replace them.
#3 - If you want new rims, I'd keep trying to get the new wheels from your dealer or if they hose you, re-lace with some nice Warp 9's. Then you won't have to worry about the hubs.
#4 - Ride dangit!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #4

I was considering ordering complete wheels like that from taobao but the shipping alone was $200, if you find a better deal I would be interested as well

Old 04-28-2017, 05:32 PM   #5

Heat gun and rechargeable small style impact gun. Set on reverse and go. May have to hit it for 10 seconds and so on but just keep going. It should eventually knock those nuts back. The on again off again impact hits will cause the threads to release vs the all or nothing force of the ratchet and it's bulldog user
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #6

Alright, Gents...
Bar a paint job, my bike is finally how I want it for the season!
I'll quickly brief you on my order, then share all my mods/insight.
I ordered from countyimports.com AKA joyridemotors.com
I was between the TMEC 200 and a Brozz 250, but I did too much research, and in that time the last Brozz sold. whoops.
So I was happy to go with the TMEC. On county imports' website, they showed two models: supermoto style, and knobbies style. I called ahead to make sure they had the sumo version because I do mainly street riding. I was assured they had them. Long story short, he (Wayne) lied.
I ordered the bike April 17th, received it the 27th, and got the paperwork May 17th .
In that time I had found out that Culcune had an old set of sumo tires for my bike, and was happy to pay him for them (thank you Culcune).
http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496838594
The bike came with almost no damage (a small scratch on the crank case)
and ove the next two days I put it together.
http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496838716
A few days following, I took the time to watch some youtube vids to learn how to adjust my valves. They were both set to 0 so I opened them to .003 on both sides.
I had ordered out beloved Mikuni clone in the mean time and ordered an exhaust from someone on here (maybe irishjew?)
The exhaust went on fairly easy. Instead of mounting it to the original mount under the passenger seat, I had to mount it to one of the subframe mounts which worked out fine. I also had to bend my clutch arm because it was hitting the new pipe work. hitting it a few times with a hammer gave me the clearance I needed.
http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496839057
Two other things you may notice in that picture, I decided to remove all the vinyl from the bike giving it a blacked out look. Also, the exhaust was almost touching the airbox, so I ordered some heat wrap, Ill show you the heat wrap in a few paragraphs.
Next, I opened up my airbox. I dont have a "before" picture, but there was a piece over the filter that really restricted airflow. luckily for me, under the filter is a box with no restriction leading straight to the carb.
http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496839465
I also got my carb tuned up to be pretty perfect. I'm running a 27.5 idle, 110 main with the clip on the richest setting.
Next, I added a LED headlight to my stock housing. It made a HUGE improvement in my short and long field of vision at night. Unfortunately, I dont have any comparative pictures for that, but if requested, I could take some.
Next came the heat wrap for the exhaust. I didnt really want to wrap the exhaust, but its proximity to my airbox would have caused it to melt. I bought some black wrap, watched about 5 youtube videos on how to wrap em, and went for it. I mad sure to keep A LOT of pressure on it throughout the process, and I think it turned out pretty good. NOTE IF YOU HEAT WRAP, WEAR GLOVES AND LONG SLEVES. I wore gloves, but that crap got all over my forearms and took a few days to get out. http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496840064
Last, but not least, Culcune saved the day and my sumo wheels tires arrived this last weekend.
I threw them on and cut my chain to fit, and my project(almost two months later and needing a paint job) is complete!
(Unfortunately, this site wont let me add any more pictures can someone help me with that? )

I absolutely love turning wrenches and wouldnt have changed this process a hair.
If any one has any questions about stuff that I did, please feel free to ask.
I'll be sure to update once ive painted it. does anyone have any reccomendations other than black?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170427_134405912.jpg (97.4 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170504_140519846.jpg (97.8 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170529_185750211.jpg (102.8 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170529_185755273.jpg (96.5 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170529_194408242.jpg (101.5 KB, 273 views)

Old 06-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #7

Final product
Just need to pick a color

http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496841414
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170604_092920566.jpg (99.9 KB, 280 views)

Old 06-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #8

What size are the new and original rims/tires?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:27 AM   #9

I went from 21/18 to 17/17

Huge difference in seat height and angle

Old 06-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #10

I am glad that exhaust worked out for you. Nice looking bike!

Old 06-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvl8rida View Post
Final product
Just need to pick a color

http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1496841414
Brings back memories for some reason, LOL!

I actually like those graphics (red) that the bike came with.

Was the tube punctured?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #12

I put air in it sunday and its held so far. ill check the pressure to see if its leaking tonight

Old 06-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #13

I liked the original too culcune

How about silver with red accents . Such as Steve's bike

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #14

I'm not sure I'd change the colour; it looks really good as is. Maybe a couple of simple decals for a little pop of colour, but that's all I'd do.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer