Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #1

Elusive dream bike

Hey y'all...
My new Hawk DLX EFI will be here in the morning, but Im not nearly as excited about that as I am about getting a new dirt bike. I have been doing a lot of research for the last few weeks and I am only finding a few that I like. I want a dirt bike, not enduro ( I will have the Hawk for that). I feel as if I am missing what all is out there and available. Everytime I find one I really like, I find that it has been discontinued, out of stock, not imported into the U.S., or some other factor. I want it for a capable MX bike, not trails. I am 55yo, so Im not looking to be the next James Stewart, not going to be racing, but looking to be able to go to the track on the weekends and have fun.

The lead contender is the Orion RXB250. Its a beast! I like the 249cc, dual adjustable forks, adjustable rear shock w/ reservoir, 520 chain and 6-bolt rear sprocket, dual piston brakes, 21/18 wheels, seat height, and more. But I have only found one dealer, Orion, and they are taking pre-orders. I don't know when they will be getting it in.

Runner up is the X-Pro Titan. Seems like a capable bike for light MX. Non adjustable forks/spring, single piston brakes, 223cc engine, smaller chain, 4 bolt rear sprocket (I would like to be able to change sprockets)

AJPowersports (aj1moto.com) has several bike I like, but everything is a dead end.

Then I found the Kymoto XZ250. Product description and the tech specs contradict each other, then I found out it's out of stock. Will it be coming back??

Sure, I would like a SSR, but if Im going to spend that much on a KTM clone, I will just get a KTM, you know?

XMoto ZX250R - discontinued

Orion 36-RX Xtreme??? maybe could have had one several years ago.

The Apollo might be a capable trail bike, but MX? I don't know.

So, am I missing some bikes out there?? Got any suggestions of ones I need to look into? Maybe a dealer will read this and let me know they have something. It just seems to me that 10 years ago was the golden age of Chinese MX bikes, and now we have 3. Please help me!! I want to stay with Chinese. There is just something about doing something amazing with a bike no one really thinks about. I like the China bike community. I dream of winning a race and people saying "That's a China bike???!!!". We are just cool like that, right?

Old 09-17-2020, 02:50 AM   #2

Not sure if your budget, but GPX Moto is what I'd use for MX work. https://gpxmoto.com/

Great customer service, good parts ability, and no fear of cracked frames/broken components. They're basically a KTM/Husqvarna clone with a Chinese engine.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:51 PM   #3

These guys are along the lines of Pitster Pro/GPX, but with far less bikes: https://www.ridekayo.com/ditbikes Like the Pitster Pro/GPX lineup, they are on the expensive side taking 'Chinese dirt bike' into account, but they are the 'real deal' as far as capability goes.

Kymoto is not a real brand--Motobuys relabels their bikes with defunct brands of Chinese bikes we had years ago, or perhaps with some, makes up names. One example is Jetmoto--they went out of business years ago, but Motobuys relabels some models as 'Jetmoto'. Another example; I do not recall 'Fleetwood' (seen on a bike or two on their site), so that might be a made up name. I just wanted to clarify Motobuys and their selling names because most every bike they sell is sold elsewhere under its proper name--3rd example; they have what seems like the Hawk 250 sold under two different brand names!

X-Pro bikes are sold by Powersportsmax and are either relabeled bikes, or they directly import them. Powersportsmax is an interesting entity apparently owned by Chinese nationals and get special treatment by manufacturers, such as selling bonuses allowing them to sell bikes at cost (undermining most every mail-order company and brick and mortar stores) and making money later on via the selling bonuses. So, it would make sense why they relabel their bikes. In fact, their X-Pro Titan appears to be an Orion bike, but without all the features found on the Orion bike. The same goes for the X-Pro Titan dual-sport they sell. Interestingly enough, Orion seemingly is the only dealer/distributor of the Orion branded bikes. I would consider the Titan if you are willing to not have all the features (i.e. adjustable suspension) found on the Orion bikes since they have good pricing as compared to Orion's own branded bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
These guys are along the lines of Pitster Pro/GPX, but with far less bikes: https://www.ridekayo.com/ditbikes Like the Pitster Pro/GPX lineup, they are on the expensive side taking 'Chinese dirt bike' into account, but they are the 'real deal' as far as capability goes.

Kymoto is not a real brand--Motobuys relabels their bikes with defunct brands of Chinese bikes we had years ago, or perhaps with some, makes up names. One example is Jetmoto--they went out of business years ago, but Motobuys relabels some models as 'Jetmoto'. Another example; I do not recall 'Fleetwood' (seen on a bike or two on their site), so that might be a made up name. I just wanted to clarify Motobuys and their selling names because most every bike they sell is sold elsewhere under its proper name--3rd example; they have what seems like the Hawk 250 sold under two different brand names!

X-Pro bikes are sold by Powersportsmax and are either relabeled bikes, or they directly import them. Powersportsmax is an interesting entity apparently owned by Chinese nationals and get special treatment by manufacturers, such as selling bonuses allowing them to sell bikes at cost (undermining most every mail-order company and brick and mortar stores) and making money later on via the selling bonuses. So, it would make sense why they relabel their bikes. In fact, their X-Pro Titan appears to be an Orion bike, but without all the features found on the Orion bike. The same goes for the X-Pro Titan dual-sport they sell. Interestingly enough, Orion seemingly is the only dealer/distributor of the Orion branded bikes. I would consider the Titan if you are willing to not have all the features (i.e. adjustable suspension) found on the Orion bikes since they have good pricing as compared to Orion's own branded bikes.

+1! X-Pro for some reason had the Titan DLX, the one I went with, and now it's either discontinued or abandoned. They still make just dirt bikes though. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get the light kit for the DLX and slap it on the Titan bike. https://imgbb.com/2tFXsQH there's mine with most of everything I've got on it so far - minus the ProTaper grips I just got today and put on. Looks like a straight dirt bike if you're looking at that style - Orion has this style as well too. Though - as pointed out - I do not have adjustable front fork suspension, just bleeder release valves. I do have an adjustable sprint in the rear, but no clickers. Also Nitrogen filled - a bit springy for my 170lb self, but it's not a bad build at all. I've taken mine off some pretty nice sized jumps; thought that it would just fall apart on landing. Was very nicely surprised when it didn't lol Mine felt almost exactly like a YZ250F handling wise, you can toss this bike around like crazy off-roading. I like the slim / dirt bike style myself. Good luck man! Powersportsmax has a lot of inventory too - I can't find the bike I have anywhere though.. I'd like to take an Orion out compared to mine to see if anything really would be worth getting over what I have already. But, I haven't really felt the want to adjust the front. Only has about 11-12in travel even on extreme surfaces; normal. There is enough space and shock travel for more, but never dips lower than about 11-12in. Guess my fork oil is okay lol

Old 11-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plump Kibbles View Post
+1! X-Pro for some reason had the Titan DLX, the one I went with, and now it's either discontinued or abandoned. They still make just dirt bikes though. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get the light kit for the DLX and slap it on the Titan bike. https://imgbb.com/2tFXsQH there's mine with most of everything I've got on it so far - minus the ProTaper grips I just got today and put on. Looks like a straight dirt bike if you're looking at that style - Orion has this style as well too. Though - as pointed out - I do not have adjustable front fork suspension, just bleeder release valves. I do have an adjustable sprint in the rear, but no clickers. Also Nitrogen filled - a bit springy for my 170lb self, but it's not a bad build at all. I've taken mine off some pretty nice sized jumps; thought that it would just fall apart on landing. Was very nicely surprised when it didn't lol Mine felt almost exactly like a YZ250F handling wise, you can toss this bike around like crazy off-roading. I like the slim / dirt bike style myself. Good luck man! Powersportsmax has a lot of inventory too - I can't find the bike I have anywhere though.. I'd like to take an Orion out compared to mine to see if anything really would be worth getting over what I have already. But, I haven't really felt the want to adjust the front. Only has about 11-12in travel even on extreme surfaces; normal. There is enough space and shock travel for more, but never dips lower than about 11-12in. Guess my fork oil is okay lol
Funny enough, someone just mentioned Powersportsmax yesterday; apparently, they only advertise what they have in stock, or I imagine can grab/drop-ship from one of the local distributors or even far away. I was told what I said above from a dealer friend of mine as far as them having some special backdoor deals with the manufacturers in China, and with that other member mentioning they only advertise what they have available, it makes sense. My guess with your bike and the street-legal one (I believe you have the dirtbike-only model?) is they sold out quickly. They are the dealer on Amazon selling, what else?--X-Pro bikes, and with 'Bikes and Beards' putting a Hawk through a beating which I believe they got from Powersportsmax via Amazon, they would be selling a whole slew of bikes. I am sure your bike will be back (unless Orionpowersports put a stop to the Titan?). Please keep us updated on it

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #6

I heard somewhere that life is a Cabaret, rather than a Carousel, Culcune.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I heard somewhere that life is a Cabaret, rather than a Carousel, Culcune.
Only if you're drinking cabernet...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-25-2020, 04:07 PM   #8

Quote:
I believe you have the dirtbike-only model?

Nope! I was leaning towards the dirt bike only one - but I think it was only a difference of 100 bucks to get the DLX (light kit installed). All together with the upgraded parts too, I think I'm still sitting under 2,500. The one I got was on Amazon for 1,799; dirt bike only was 1,699. I still can't get over the free shipping with Prime

I still search for the Titan DLX version every now and then but no hits. X-Pro even has a store on Amazon now, too. I was perusing around through their inventory. Lots of 50cc - 250cc bikes / scooters. No DLX versions though. The only one that comes scarily close is the Orion RXB 250L.. like EXACTLY the body style / plastics.. http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...758#post349758 there's a pic of one on the forums. When I get serious about another bike, I'm sure I'll start seeing the Titan DLX versions again - always happens. Kind of leaning towards one of the electric street bikes... they're just, COOL no gears - just both brakes up front.. Still undecided at this point lol only about 80mi on a charge.. The videos of the bikes I've seen have some hot chicks riding them nice eh, revue lol Speaking of Cabaret, I used to see Jennifer Romas backstage when I worked in I.T. at the old Hilton (now Westgate) in Las Vegas. The showgirls always needed help with their iPhones

Old 11-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plump Kibbles View Post
Nope! I was leaning towards the dirt bike only one - but I think it was only a difference of 100 bucks to get the DLX (light kit installed). All together with the upgraded parts too, I think I'm still sitting under 2,500.

I still search for the Titan DLX version every now and then but no hits. The videos of the bikes I've seen have some hot chicks riding them nice eh, revue lol Speaking of Cabaret, I used to see Jennifer Romas backstage when I worked in I.T. at the old Hilton (now Westgate) in Las Vegas. The showgirls always needed help with their iPhones
I think it was you who was the only member here who bought one and announced it. As you mentioned a comparison earlier, I, too, would like to see a side by side comparison of the Orion bike and the X-Pro. I also want to see the videos of hot chicks on electric scooters!! and pictures of the showgirls...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #10

Here's the bike and the video - first video lol https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

Don't have any pics with the showgirls lol that was some time ago as well. I may; I have a pic of Mike Tyson in traffic going down the strip I'll see about digging that one up

"and announced it" that's good lol like VD or something I like my dirt bike - more reliable than a Harley! *No real offense to Harley owners*

Old 11-25-2020, 10:52 PM   #11

https://ibb.co/WD8GYWT

The man: Mike Tyson!

https://ibb.co/9T4Ydq8

Found a shot out in the desert with some Joshua trees and my old bike too. *EDIT* Forgot about this: that bike has 'dual' exhaust.. only one muffler is functional. The other is literally blocked off with a plate welded over the muffler exit. Other than 1st to 2nd slipping into neutral, that was my only complaint about that bike... made absolutely NO sense.

No showgirls lol

Last edited by Plump Kibbles; 11-26-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:57 AM   #12

Well, well, well: look what is back!

https://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/33_83

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Well, well, well: look what is back!

https://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/33_83

Culcune, the price of the Titan was eye-catching until I realized it did not include shipping. Shipping adds another $280 - pushing cost to $1,540.

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/22633

All of the other bikes listed there included "free shipping"

Even so - $1,540 is still cheap.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #14

It's a decent deal, if you were looking for an off-roader. It would be comparable to the Apollo '36' off-roader that is so popular around these parts. Unlike Plump Kibbles' bike, this one does not have the rest of the lighting to get it plated. As far as off-road, this bike's advantage is the stock headlight. Darkness comes up much earlier this time of year, and is much more sudden, so a headlight can help get you out of trouble. Powersportsmax is not known as a scammer, but with most every bike they sell having shipping included in the cost, it does make the deal not as attractive as you calculated the shipping and it ends up in the Apollo dirtbike range. But, assuming these use the same OEM as the very similar Orion bikes, these actually might be the better bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150