Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Apscusa.com PLACE TO BUY YOUR HAWK

Apscusa.com is a great place to purchase a Hawk 250 . I ordered on Sunday took over a week to arrive ( shipping company took a little longer than expected ) . Drop shipped at local dock , I loaded on my old truck with my new toy and assembled the bike a couple days later. Sent email to Apscusa.com with the info needed to get a tag . Received all the douments needed to get a street legal bike in a couple of days.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #2

I ordered 4 bikes from there, all at one time (2 Hawks and 2 Apollo 125cc dirt bikes). Excellent experience. All 4 arrived within a week. All documentation for the Hawks was perfect and now have both tagged/titled in NC. Did have a few problems with some shipping damage/missing parts but they took care of very quickly. Highly recommended.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #3

My son purchased a 2016 Hawk 250 with after I had called and spoke to Don at APSCUSA.com who assured me that Wisconsin had registered these bikes before and I shouldn't have any problem as long as the paperwork was in order. So hearing that we ordered the bike got the paperwork and went to the DMV and were turned down because it does not have the NADER sticker. So now my son is out $1400 for a bike he cannot use on the road and so far no solution from APSCUSA ...not happy at this point. We would never have bought this type of bike if Don hadnt been so confident it would be registered in Wisconsin.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #4

That seems to have happened with a few states and the Hawk. I am sure ASPCUSA will figure out something for you, as they have had a solid reputation here on Chinariders up to your issue.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-11-2016, 09:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by riedbra View Post
My son purchased a 2016 Hawk 250 with after I had called and spoke to Don at APSCUSA.com who assured me that Wisconsin had registered these bikes before and I shouldn't have any problem as long as the paperwork was in order. So hearing that we ordered the bike got the paperwork and went to the DMV and were turned down because it does not have the NADER sticker. So now my son is out $1400 for a bike he cannot use on the road and so far no solution from APSCUSA ...not happy at this point. We would never have bought this type of bike if Don hadnt been so confident it would be registered in Wisconsin.

Take the paperwork to different DMV offices in your state until you find one to license it. It seems all DMV offices apply the rules/laws differently within the same state.

/

Old 10-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #6

Thumbs Up

Just purchased a Black 2016 Hawk 250 and a Cazador 180xl from these guys. Don answered every question a asked. I got a great combo price on both units. The Hawk came in Monday and I put it together that night. Apscusa.com run there business like a business should be run. There were a few issues with the trucking company and Don personally called me twice to let me know what was going on.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by riedbra View Post
Is there any update to this situation?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #8

Just for the record, the Hawk is a dirtbike. Some states allow you to register dirtbikes onroad, others do not. Some states vary by county. Your personal experience may vary, depending on how you speak to the DMV and the mood of the person handling your request.

If you want to be certain, the best thing you can do before buying a Hawk is ask the DMV (not the dealer) if you can register it. Ask them specifically, "Is it possible to get a dirtbike plated, if it has mirrors, turn-signals, etc?" Sometimes the DMV clerk knows what they are talking about, other times they do not.

If you are concerned, and the dealer is promising to get it registered, ask them to put it in writing and guarantee either registration or a refund. If the dealer hesitates, then they obviously have some doubts about whether they can actually do it.

Honestly, the Hawk's registration issue is a hassle for everyone. People have remarked that it's relatively cheap, and this is a reason why. In the future, China plans to modify it to be fully street legal. Unfortunately, from the perspective of China, the United States has a very complex regulatory framework. It's not always economic to meet California standards, when the bulk of your sales are in Texas.