Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #1

GIO T3 CHAIN

I see that they have increased the size of chain on the T3 it is a 540 chain... does anyone have any problem with the stock chain... as I know the 200 beast chain was crap and would fly off and smash everything .. so I used to tell everyone to change it from new.. .. I have been changing the T3 chain to a better chain on all the new ones that I have bought..

Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #2

the chain on my new le beastis also bigger, but its real loose after 5 hours riding. it has a new honda style swingarm and i dont see how to adjust it. ill post pics if i figure out how

Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #3

There's a thread on here somehwere about that. The axle housing is eccentric, and I believe that you need to rotate the rear axle until a hole in the sprocket lines up with a socket in the housing. An allen wrench is insterted into the socket and twisted, thereby adjusting the axle, IIRC.

If there is no hole in the rear sprocket, you'll need to remove it and drill it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #4

Re: GIO T3 CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
as I know the 200 beast chain was crap and would fly off and smash everything .. so I used to tell everyone to change it from new..
The crap bushings in the rear swingarm is also a major factor of that problem.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #5

chain adjustment

yes , there was a modification how to do on the rear axle ... putting in a grease fitting.. and the T3 has the hole in the gear to turn the axle to tighten the chain... you can use anything round and strong enough to help turn the axle.. it is a nice way to adjust the chain.. but I was wondering if everyone is keeping the stock chain on the new T3 or changing them like the old 200 beast ... as the chain was crap on it..

Old 05-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #6

anyone have a direct oem replacement for the sprockets? anyone change the sprockets on the rebel t1? it has the 428 chain.