Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #1

Angry Ups

That's right... it needs to be done... just a plain review for one of the largest shipping companies in the USA...

I ordered parts for an exhaust about 11 days ago (on the 11th)... UPS get the items about 9 days ago (on the 13th)...

Then they sit on it until the 19th, that was fine because it was being shipped from the insane NE USA that is covered in snow... well on the 21st it Arrived in Commerce City, Colorado... with the winds help, it's basically a footballs throw from my home, delivery date scheduled for the 22nd (yay!!!)...

Wake up this morning to find out my package is now leaving Arizona at 3:13am and the delivery date is now scheduled for the 24th...

So I call up customer service and get the usual crap "Due to weather, blah blah blah"...

I try to tell them "Why did it go from just up the road... to several states away with no actual departure scan"...

"Due to the weather we picked this as the best delivery route, please give 2 more days for delivery"...

Maybe the lady is from India or Thailand and doesn't now how far it really is... I will try another way... so again...

"Why did the package go from ~60 miles from the house it's being delivered to... all the way to Arizona... several hundred if not a thousand miles away?!?"

"Due to the weather........"

So they don't care if a package is several weeks late... even though the "bad weather" is no where near the current package location and delivery area... it's freaking 60 degrees right now... no bad weather from here to Commerce City for over a week

How does it make me look when I have a customer waiting on their car and I told them "Parts will be here today, you can be driving it home before supper"...

UPS can go shove it for all I care... half my boxes are busted open anyways when they deliver them... the other half I hear them throw the box at the door instead of coming up to "knock/ring the bell"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #2

That's why I always choose FEDEX if I have the option. I build and repair computers as a sideline job. UPS never hardly delivered on time and about 60% of the time cases would come in damaged. FEDEX always delivered on time and not beat to hell. I know sometimes you have no other option. I also DJ on weekend and had ordered New speakers and needed them for a wedding on Saturday. On a Wednesday UPS tracking them at a UPS terminal less than 6 miles from my house to be delivered on Thursday. My wife stayed home the whole day waiting for them. 8 pm that night never showed up. Check tracking and was noted no one home to receive will deliver on friday. I'm like WTF of course I called and no one could tell me anything. Same thing Friday. Wife stayed home and by 7pm they haven't arrived. I check tracking and now it at the terminal 60 mile north of me with the same BS. No one home to receive will be delivered on Monday. I got the direct phone number for that terminal and asked will someone be there Saturday morning so I can pick up my Speakers. The guy kind of gave me the run around until I told him what has happened and need them for Saturday. Once he looked at tracking and saw what happened he agreed to let me come pick them up. I AVOID UPS if I can.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #3

Didn't have a choice this time... was how Advance Auto wanted to ship the parts to me... usually buy from Rock Auto and pick who I want, but Advance Auto was actually $80 less expensive after coupon codes/speed perks... just hate how UPS could care less about the whole thing... and how they will lie and say "it was the best route for delivery due to bad weather"....

Really... making something go an extra 2,000 miles is the best route for deliver... OK!!!

Even my kiddo was like "now why did they do that?!?" when I showed him the Map and it's delivery route... when someone under 8 gets it, and someone being paid by customer service doesn't have a clue... all I can think is...

"Huston we have a problem"...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #4

Like my Speakers. Why bring them to the terminal 60 miles away when they already had them 6 miles right up the road from me? For two days. What I really didn't understand is I didn't have to sign for them in the 1st place and every time they delivered to my house before they always left the packages under my carport when no one was home. I'll never figure them out.
Only thing worst than UPS is USPS for tracking packages. Tracking will tell you it 2 or 3 states away and get home it's in the mail box. I had one package I already received but according to USPS tracking and is still in China. LOL Maybe I should call and find out when I'm going to get it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 PM   #5

Fedex is definitely where it's at.
2022 Hawk 250
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1966 Benelli Fireball
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 03-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #6

my son inlaw works for UPS,
im gonna have him read this thread tomorrow when he stops by. im sure it will pi-- him off

the corporate shmucks at UPS actually have the employees believing that there is no other way to ship a package and that they are the the top of the food chain.

more than once I have asked him to drop something off to Fed-Ex on his way to work

Old 03-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #7

I didn't want to reply as to how great they are. I haven't had a problem with them but I live close to a main terminal. What I do like is the information I receive since I registered on their website. I had a package coming this week and received notice that it would arrive Wednesday between 2:30 and 6:30. It came at 5:30. They send another email upon delivery as to what time and where they left it. Out of curiosity, I checked my email as soon as the truck pulled away and, sure enough, I got an email.

Maybe by registering you might have a better avenue for your complaint.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 03-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #8

It's interesting because my experience is the precise opposite. Our UPS guys are really good, but Fedex routinely screw up deliveries.

I expect like most things it's down to individual effort.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #9

I just got a UPS delivery today!

Old 03-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #10

UPS and Fedex are both pretty reliable in my area but USPS is a different story. On 3/10 I ordered a twist grip throttle assembly from an outfit in California. It shipped out the next day and the USPS web site says it arrived in Bend Oregon where I live on 3/14 where it was marked "undeliverable" and "forwarded". Then "forwarded" again on 3/17 but no indication of where it was forwarded. Now no one at the post office knows where it is. Come on guys, this isn't a huge city, and I've lived at the same address for 32 years!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:05 PM   #11

It really depends on the area. That is why you buy several small things at one and have it shipped thru each and see how it goes. In my area it is a crap shoot. Fed-Ex and UPS are both ok, with just the occasional mess ups. USPS sucks. Constantly having problems. They even destroyed my mailbox, got them on video but they still to this day claim they did nothing.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
It really depends on the area. That is why you buy several small things at one and have it shipped thru each and see how it goes. In my area it is a crap shoot. Fed-Ex and UPS are both ok, with just the occasional mess ups. USPS sucks. Constantly having problems. They even destroyed my mailbox, got them on video but they still to this day claim they did nothing.
Roll the video !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-25-2017, 11:59 PM   #13

fedex is my nemesis!! we have a name for them that i can't say here.
they will bring a package to within 3 blocks of my house and leave it there for usps to pick up the next day. then they deliver it the following day.
at least a 2 day delay on everything they come in contact with, worse on weekends.
and all the while, their trucks drive within 50 feet of my porch several times a day, going back and forth to the local hospital...

Old 04-06-2017, 11:46 AM   #14

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...&s=ci&mail=sys

OK today is the 6th note the date on the in transit note,,,, 4 days ago it was 50 miles away,, i asked the post office today where it was,, big suprise they dont know the original delivary date was last saturday.

maybe ups is one step above them

Old 04-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #15

FedEx just delivered a package a day early!!! I say it again... forget UPS!!! Almost the same experience when buying things from "Mannie" ... "Where's my stuff?!? Why is it broken?!? What is the warranty?!?"

All you will hear is :

"Go pound sand" from the customer service

it's always their answer to the customer ... why would they care anymore?!? They already have your $$ after all