Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Thats an overhead cam zong motor, the Hawk and tt250 have the pushrod motors, the major diff being the counterbalancer and lower compression on the zong. Like I said, I have both. The zong is in fact smoother, the hawk clearly has more low end grunt. both appear to be good motors. One thing, the zong clutch is VERY smooth and 2 finger light. The Hawks is stiffer. Zong tranny seems free'er running so far, Hawk's feels just plain industrial which for me is a good thing. Zong is happier in the high revs/ Hawk in the low/mids, like a tractor-think smaller KLr like.
You are going to change the same things to get either ready for adv work, the Hawk just saves you more money.
I'll be curious to see how the Zong responds to you, as compared the the Hawk, after break-in. These CG motors change dramatically between 300-500 miles in their power delivery. Mrs 2LZ TT noticeably grew in mid-range between those miles.
I'm sure spinning the counterbanancer takes away a little umph but with these tiny motors, who knows how little.

It's neat that you have both bikes to compare and I look forward to the reports as they go along. I don't have a Hawk to compare to but you're sure right when you say how solid of a feel the TT has when you're riding it. For a little bike, it has a very substantial, stable feel to it under you.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350