Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #1501

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
If you go to the CSC Blog today, Friday Sept 16rh, you'll see their Ad from Joe promoting the 10% OFF Sale this weekend.
And he states that it's 10% "OFF EVERYTHING"!
So I assuming you'll get 10% off the selling price of a new complete bike?
That must be included in the definition of "EVERYTHING"!
I guess I should have waited to purchase my bike?
Damn that puts the TT at the $2200 range! That may be my bike. TT guys, how does this bike do straight off the pallet with no mods? Cruising speed and top speed wise?

Old 09-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #1502

I just talked to them, it's 2355 shipped and the sale is only for in stock bikes. They got 1 black and the rest are white.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #1503

Member 2LZ would probably be a good person to ask. He has some recent videos in the video section of him riding around Volcano, California, on his TT. Of course, there are several others, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Member 2LZ would probably be a good person to ask. He has some recent videos in the video section of him riding around Volcano, California, on his TT. Of course, there are several others, too.
Of course, those videos were after I tore it apart and did a bunch of mods.

The stock TT is a nice, mellow unit. Sounds like an old Honda 90. It did improve after a few hundred miles and it was starting to loosen up. You could start to feel a nice mid-range pull developing by then. These CG motors are TIGHT out of box but that's very common knowledge. The top speed, stock, is like other Hondoids, not that fast. They're geared to climb trees.

I really like the TT250 and don't regret the purchase one bit. CSC has been nothing less than spectacular. It's a nice solid bike under you and comes with some really cool stuff the Hawk doesn't, like the 300 watt stator, USD forks, LED turns, etc.
That said, if the Hawk is available to you in your state and you can get it plated, which it's NOT available here in CA, you may want to think about a Hawk or Storm and saved some $$$ if cost and budget are a super-concern to you.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Of course, those videos were after I tore it apart and did a bunch of mods.

The stock TT is a nice, mellow unit. Sounds like an old Honda 90. It did improve after a few hundred miles and it was starting to loosen up. You could start to feel a nice mid-range pull developing by then. These CG motors are TIGHT out of box but that's very common knowledge. The top speed, stock, is like other Hondoids, not that fast. They're geared to climb trees.

I really like the TT250 and don't regret the purchase one bit. CSC has been nothing less than spectacular. It's a nice solid bike under you and comes with some really cool stuff the Hawk doesn't, like the 300 watt stator, USD forks, LED turns, etc.
That said, if the Hawk is available to you in your state and you can get it plated, which it's NOT available here in CA, you may want to think about a Hawk or Storm and saved some $$$ if cost and budget are a super-concern to you.
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm going to wait until super scooter gets the storm in stock. I'm on a tight budget and for $1400 delivered seems like a great deal!

Old 09-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #1506

Doh! Need to check a few things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Damn that puts the TT at the $2200 range! That may be my bike. TT guys, how does this bike do straight off the pallet with no mods? Cruising speed and top speed wise?
MCLove,
Before doing cruising speed and top speed checking, You'll need to lub and re-route the speedometer cable or it will break within a few miles. Also need to learn how to convert KPH into MPH as the speedometer reads in kilometers. Next, remove the headlight assembly to make sure things within are routed correctly. Next, check the routing of the front brake line to make sure it's not getting pinched or rubbing to create a hole in the line. Next check to see if the shark fin is installed correctly to actually prevent things from being fed into the rear sprocket. Then you can check the tightness of all fasteners on the bike, and make sure wheel bearing are greased.
Also check the engine oil level to make sure it's at the correct level. Another thing is to check to see if the exhaust pipe is correctly attached to the cylinder exhaust port. And finally make sure the spark plug in securely screwed into the cylinder head.
So you can see there are a few things to check after rolling the bike off the pallet.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #1507

At first I thought that you called him McLovin. I remember almost dropping my Hawk when I was trying the put the front wheel on just so I could roll it.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #1508

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
At first I thought that you called him McLovin. I remember almost dropping my Hawk when I was trying the put the front wheel on just so I could roll it.
That's one of the reason beer was invented--so you can convince friends to help you!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-18-2016, 01:12 AM   #1509

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
That's one of the reason beer was invented--so you can convince friends to help you!
That wouldn't work at 9:30pm. Their wives caught on a long time ago...

Old 09-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
Also need to learn how to convert KPH into MPH as the speedometer reads in kilometers. .
you mean the odometer? because the speed reads in MPH.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 09-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
you mean the odometer? because the speed reads in MPH.

my odo was in KM, but my speedo was neither MPH or KPH... maybe smoots per fortnight...

Old 09-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #1512

I believe CSC will replace any TT250 owners KM calibrated instrument cluster for one calibrated in miles if you call them and ask.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #1513

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
I believe CSC will replace any TT250 owners KM calibrated instrument cluster for one calibrated in miles if you call them and ask.
They will. I sen't them an email about mine since I still haven't put the new speedo cable on yet and they are shipping me out a new cluster calibrated in miles. Even though my TT250 has had a few issues, I love the piece of mind having CSC just an email away (and 30 minutes from my house).

Old 09-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
my odo was in KM, but my speedo was neither MPH or KPH... maybe smoots per fortnight...
huh, never heard of that issue. mine read in mph for the first 8 miles till the cable snapped. the digital dash is so much better.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 09-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #1515

Hehe New terminology

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
huh, never heard of that issue. mine read in mph for the first 8 miles till the cable snapped.
So is that the "NEW" speedometer reading? "MTCS"!
Also known as "miles 'til cable snaps"!