Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddthought View Post
According to Joe, it indicated 73ish when he was on it with a slightly adjusted sprocket (up from 15 stock to 17, iirc). It depends a lot on your weight though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Edit: I'm definitely planning on playing with the sprockets and putting more street-oriented tires on it as well, so I'm hoping I can give a more specific number soon after I get mine.

Edit2: Here's the blog post I was thinking of.

So the specs listed here http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19040 say 17T/50T for the front and rear sprockets, which he said he was running in the blog post you mentioned, so it sounds like 73ish it is, give or take, based on rider weight, etc. I just wanted a ballpark figure.

I just noticed that in the blog link it gives the top speed.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #602

Yahoo!!!! Quick put mine together first!!!! The White one needs to be first!!!! Please!!!
2014 Ducati Hypermotard
1974 SL70 Honda
3 CT70 1971, 1974, 1981 Honda
2016 TT250 White CSC Zong

Last edited by MNrider; 05-03-2016 at 06:31 PM. Reason: addition to post

Old 05-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Tim, I just got an email from Joe Berk at CSC. He says the the CSC TT250 has the following rim sizes.

Front Rim: Size 1.85-21
Rear Rim: Size 2.15-18

Thanks for the leg work!

Huh, that's an odd front rim size. Normally fronts are 1.85x20 or 1.6x21. When you installed your Warp9s were they exactly the same dimensions of the stock Sierra rims?

I wonder if I could use the TT250 OEM hubs and spokes with narrower 36 hole rims like 1.6x21 front and 1.85x18 in the rear?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:13 PM   #604

Neighbors

Tim,
Welcome to the forum I just joined myself. I live in Gilmanton, work in Gilford, and own an apartment building on Gilford ave Laconia, so I've got you surrounded lol We should plan a ride up the Mount. lol

Best,
Lefty

2015 Hawk 250
1972 Honda CT70
Past
1982 GS1100L
1983 Honda ATC 185s 2ea.
1974 Puch 175mx

Old 05-04-2016, 12:07 AM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaconiaTim View Post
Thanks for the leg work!

Huh, that's an odd front rim size. Normally fronts are 1.85x20 or 1.6x21. When you installed your Warp9s were they exactly the same dimensions of the stock Sierra rims?

I wonder if I could use the TT250 OEM hubs and spokes with narrower 36 hole rims like 1.6x21 front and 1.85x18 in the rear?
The stock wheels on my Zongshen Sierra 200 were an 18-inch front wheel, and a 15-inch rear wheel.

I usually lace a 1.60x21 rim for the front wheel, and a 2.15x18 rim for the rear wheel. These are good rim sizes for most dirt bikes and dual sport bikes, and these rims fit the widest selection of tires.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-04-2016, 06:02 AM   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Tim,
...I live in Gilmanton, work in Gilford, and own an apartment building on Gilford ave Laconia, so I've got you surrounded lol We should plan a ride up the Mount. lol...
Yeah that sounds like fun! We can represent the Chinese powersport (dual sport) category with the hawk and TT250. I'm very excited to be an ambassador for the Chinese products.

But before we go, I have to do some initial maintenance on the TT250:
  1. Replace all grease and fluids
  2. Check bolts and add Loctite
  3. adjust valves
  4. add grease/sealant to electrical connections
  5. replace batt and improve ground wire
  6. lace up new rims and add Tubliss
  7. adjust the sag on the suspension
  8. replace OEM chain with high-end chain
  9. lighten exhaust

That's my check list soo far. What kind of things do you guys like to do as preventative maintenance/future-proofing to a new bike?

Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaconiaTim View Post
That's my check list soo far. What kind of things do you guys like to do as preventative maintenance/future-proofing to a new bike?
A few extras things I did to the Mrs. 'Bashan':

I have had to many problems in the past with "Glass Fuses", so one of the first things I do is cut those out and get some ATC/ATO style fuses put in their place. Mrs. Bashan only need a single 10a fuse wired in

I also upgrade the small 'Running Light (small light below the actual 'Nightlight'/Headlight), License Plate Light, and Instrument Cluster' with name brand Philips LEDs (most of ours took the 194/T10, some are the smaller T5 tho), but those LEDs are 4 or more times brighter and they use under 1w, most only use 0.5w and have a nice and bright "White" (with a hint of Blue with 6000k color spectrum) , the stock light used about 3w of power, were dim, and an ugly yellow color that made things hard to see.

Next I would suggest looking into is a LOUDER HORN!... Within the 80km I put on the Mrs. Bashan, I have already found out... it needs a horn that dumb people can hear... already had a few neighbors almost run me over because they couldn't 'see' (did you even look?) or hear me (put that damn cell phone down!) putsin around on the small Dual Sport... next time when they hear a 130db horn go off right next to their car window, I bet they will look around a bit instead of continuing to drive/back over my motorcycle

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #608

The good thing about CSC is if its like the rx3 they go ahead and change the oil to better oil and adjust the valves before they ship it.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
The good thing about CSC is if its like the rx3 they go ahead and change the oil to better oil and adjust the valves before they ship it.
I'm really hoping they do this....but I'll probably check them anyway. Also, clean and grease the speedo cable!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #610

Thumbs Up First post, and general Howd'ya do.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the entertainment in this thread. I see you folks are quite anxious for your TT250s! I found you guys from Spud advertising in a CSC thread on ADVrider about his forum here.

A little about me -- I have an R1200GS that I ride in the woods. I'm a big guy, 6'2, ~275 (depends on lunch, really) -- I just put on some Anakee Wilds on my GS for this season, but every time I bring the big girl in the woods, I nearly lay it down, and it's such a monster to hold up in off camber situations, I started considering getting a smaller bike, in addition. I love exploring dirt roads, fire roads, often turning into single track, often rocky, often muddy nonsense.

Well, I threw my legs over some honda 250s, 450s, etc -- Just looking. I look at the price and say I can do a lot of repairs to my big girl for that kind of money... but it's still the weight issue...

So, I ended up googling something like "best dual sport bike" on 4/20 or something and I found revzilla had an article about the TT250 for like $1895 -- I thought, perfect! Sounds exactly what I need for a 2nd bike -- way nicer than spending $6k just to putter around a bit with something smaller. After reading that article, I read about the RX3 -- Clearly, I had heard about these backwards as the RX3 was already in the states, officially last year! After reading those reviews, I was really tempted to dump my GS and buy one! Luckily, I came to my senses. Selling bikes leads to the dark side. (Sorry, it is may 4th...)

I showed it to my wife, her first words were "How big is the engine? What do you mean it's only a 250!?" -- I then tried to explain to her about proper gearing, that we don't need to do 134mph on my GS even though the gearing would let it do so! She still wasn't amused by the thought. Then, I told her maybe I'll buy her one. Ladies often do like to receive gifts!

I scheduled a meeting on 4/25 with one of the folks that signed up for the affiliates program just over an hour from my house. I just wanted to see with my own eyes if what I was reading EVERYWHERE was true -- Chinese, with some sort of craftsmanship?!

Sure enough, I really couldn't fault the RX3 at all. I dragged the wife to come see it with me. She really did like it, and now kinda got excited about it. It wasn't tiny, and the guy who owned it was a tall guy, not a little guy that couldn't ride a GS... My wife won't ride my GS because it's just too big.

My thoughts...

Are the bags tiny? Of course. Is it a 200mph motorcycle? Of course not. Is it a great little scoot around for the pricetag? Sure as hell is! In my opinion, the RX3 is a Good bike at $6-7k, and a GREAT bike around the $4k mark.

So, I really liked that little RX3, but my needs were really more for the woods, so the TT250 seemed a better choice. But... I really dig the RX3 as well... Decisions, Decisions.

So, I made the only reasonable choice, I bought both. The wife can ride the RX3, and I'll just choose which I want to ride, the TT or the GS. Order #3601 and 3602 on 4/26, for those keeping score, or whatever.

Thankfully, this week is cold and rainy here in CT, so I'm not itching to go ride so much, but I can't say that I'm not excited for BOTH bikes!

Dave aka Ghan
Northeastern CT

Old 05-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #611

Phew....finally got all caught up on this thread and welp...Depending on how my taxes go this year...I may end up ordering a TT this summer....But if not this summer it will be next summer for sure once i get out of school. I have my DT and my new to me XL to play with till then.

So as Spud would say I have been assimilated...just not fully at this point..
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 05-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaniba View Post
Hey folks,

Thanks for the entertainment in this thread. I see you folks are quite anxious for your TT250s! I found you guys from Spud advertising in a CSC thread on ADVrider about his forum here.

A little about me -- I have an R1200GS that I ride in the woods. I'm a big guy, 6'2, ~275 (depends on lunch, really) -- I just put on some Anakee Wilds on my GS for this season, but every time I bring the big girl in the woods, I nearly lay it down, and it's such a monster to hold up in off camber situations, I started considering getting a smaller bike, in addition. I love exploring dirt roads, fire roads, often turning into single track, often rocky, often muddy nonsense.

Well, I threw my legs over some honda 250s, 450s, etc -- Just looking. I look at the price and say I can do a lot of repairs to my big girl for that kind of money... but it's still the weight issue...

So, I ended up googling something like "best dual sport bike" on 4/20 or something and I found revzilla had an article about the TT250 for like $1895 -- I thought, perfect! Sounds exactly what I need for a 2nd bike -- way nicer than spending $6k just to putter around a bit with something smaller. After reading that article, I read about the RX3 -- Clearly, I had heard about these backwards as the RX3 was already in the states, officially last year! After reading those reviews, I was really tempted to dump my GS and buy one! Luckily, I came to my senses. Selling bikes leads to the dark side. (Sorry, it is may 4th...)

I showed it to my wife, her first words were "How big is the engine? What do you mean it's only a 250!?" -- I then tried to explain to her about proper gearing, that we don't need to do 134mph on my GS even though the gearing would let it do so! She still wasn't amused by the thought. Then, I told her maybe I'll buy her one. Ladies often do like to receive gifts!

I scheduled a meeting on 4/25 with one of the folks that signed up for the affiliates program just over an hour from my house. I just wanted to see with my own eyes if what I was reading EVERYWHERE was true -- Chinese, with some sort of craftsmanship?!

Sure enough, I really couldn't fault the RX3 at all. I dragged the wife to come see it with me. She really did like it, and now kinda got excited about it. It wasn't tiny, and the guy who owned it was a tall guy, not a little guy that couldn't ride a GS... My wife won't ride my GS because it's just too big.

My thoughts...

Are the bags tiny? Of course. Is it a 200mph motorcycle? Of course not. Is it a great little scoot around for the pricetag? Sure as hell is! In my opinion, the RX3 is a Good bike at $6-7k, and a GREAT bike around the $4k mark.

So, I really liked that little RX3, but my needs were really more for the woods, so the TT250 seemed a better choice. But... I really dig the RX3 as well... Decisions, Decisions.

So, I made the only reasonable choice, I bought both. The wife can ride the RX3, and I'll just choose which I want to ride, the TT or the GS. Order #3601 and 3602 on 4/26, for those keeping score, or whatever.

Thankfully, this week is cold and rainy here in CT, so I'm not itching to go ride so much, but I can't say that I'm not excited for BOTH bikes!

Dave aka Ghan
Northeastern CT
IAm with u on this one, but I ordered the tt250, and bought a $ 1300.00 Hawk which turns out is a NICE trailie for those outside CA and a few other states where they cannot b street licensed yet. Still, there remains a lot of buzz around the tt250, not only being a Zong bike, but perhaps more importantly, a CSC backed and heavily upgraded Hawk typebike but fully CARBed, so a true 50 state dually. I can"t wait to compare them side by side and measure what CSC has wrought welcome to Zong-bie cult
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #613

First container to arrive at CSC this Friday! WOO HOO!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #614

So exciting

All though I don't expect mine to be on this boat at #3558 it's only a matter of time now. Can't wait to see pictures and comments about all of your,
TT sMILES.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #615

Right on the upgrades Tim I have a few of my own on tap.
Lefty