Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #1

G.R,Michigan

Hello my name is Radgy,i'm building a mini-trike,i got this motor for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

i guess its a replacement for gio mini atv's.Got it new on ebay.Anybody have diagrams for it?It cam with the carb(not on)some seal,but no directions on how it goes on,where the seals go.Didnt even come with a list of what came with it.When i asked the seller...he pointed me here.I have a bunch of modual's that came with it,but it dont tell me what they are,or where they go.I dont see any linkage for a throttle cable to go(only the manual choke,is the throttle electric?

thanx

Old 05-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #2

Welcome! I am afraid that I can't help you with that engine, but we have a lot of knowledgeable Gio owners registered here. I am confident someone will soon come along and help you get the information you need.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #3

Welcome. Appears to be an electric-start only Lifan engine. The throttle cable has no linkage as such. The cable just goes inside the carb top cap and hooks onto the slide. Don't know what carb came with it, but the choke is usually a lever incorporated into the carb itself. No cable.

The manifold should come with a couple of gaskets and a plastic spacer to keep engine heat from being conducted to the carb body.

The manifold is bolted to the engine with one of the gaskets and the carb goes at the other end with the plastic spacer. The joint spacer-manifold has another gasket and the joint spacer-carb doesn't need one as the carb has an "O" ring seal built into its flange.

The little black box that comes with it is the CDI ignition module. It'll be the same as you already have on the bike so just keep it as a spare.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 05-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #4

Yes it has that kind of choke.and it is electric start only..what do you mean under under the carb top cap,you mean the under the air filter,or do you mean the thing thats on the side,that you un-scew?But thanks for answering.

oh,another thing i got a throttle control handle for it,does they work on either a 2 stroke,or a 4 stroke?cause i bought some on ebay...the left side has the buttens for light/horn/blinkers..and the add say's specifically that it will work on either,so i bought the right side,with the throttle/start on it,from the same store...thinking they were a match,but after a question on my engine from the seller,i looked and the add dont say weather or not it will work on a 4 stroke....does it matter?Dont mean to ask stupid questions.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgy
what do you mean under under the carb top cap,
If it's the usual carb fitted to these engines, it'll have a knurled or ribbed screw-on cap on the top. In its centre is a threaded adjuster that is hollow to allow the throttle cable to go through to the carb slide valve.

Switch gear operation has nothing to do whether it's a 2 or 4-stroke.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 05-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #6

o.k thanx