Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2016, 07:02 PM   #1

Angry Merlin vs superior power sports

After reading about all the problems Merlin has had with his bike and total lack of support from Superior Power Sports i feel that the seller should ship him a new bike. If this was my bike i'd be on my way to meet the owner of this place. As a former business owner myself their lack of any help is just outrageous. Their cost for this bike can't be more than $600 and with all the bad reviews on this site and others i find it hard to believe these guys would just ignore him. So what do you guys think about this idea? Merlin this is for you. Don't give up the battle. A company like SP doesn't like bad internet press,keep after them and keep us up to date. Any decent business owner knows in order to survive you need to take care of your customers, even if that means taking a lost at times, if not the day will come when you have no customers. I say we should all go to bat for Merlin.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #2

post there e-mail addy.....
then eveyone can let then know how they feel about
the way the do biz.....aswell as links to threads about them..

We have the "consumer's act" here that take care of these types of out fits..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM   #3

If you bought with a credit card, you can always do a chargeback. If you paid PayPal and its within 30 days you can use their help also.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
After reading about all the problems Merlin has had with his bike and total lack of support from Superior Power Sports i feel that the seller should ship him a new bike. If this was my bike i'd be on my way to meet the owner of this place. As a former business owner myself their lack of any help is just outrageous. Their cost for this bike can't be more than $600 and with all the bad reviews on this site and others i find it hard to believe these guys would just ignore him. So what do you guys think about this idea? Merlin this is for you. Don't give up the battle. A company like SP doesn't like bad internet press,keep after them and keep us up to date. Any decent business owner knows in order to survive you need to take care of your customers, even if that means taking a lost at times, if not the day will come when you have no customers. I say we should all go to bat for Merlin.
I sent them a link to my review of them on this site. Thanks a lot for your support.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #5

Angry email address: parts@superiorpowersports.com

Just for fun here's the email I sent them yesterday:

Soon my warranty will expire and I have not received even one of the missing or defective parts. I have left you messages and received no replies? Iam about to report you to and make a claim with my Attorney General. I will report you to the BBB and to all the feedback sites (like sitejabber and facebook). I have started many a thread on chinariders.net about this and I will keep posting until and unless you honer your warranty. I will try to find a Attorney to make a case against your company pro bono or I if I can ill join or start a class action law suit against you! Please just do the right thing and honor you warranty!!! The bike you sent me has a defective frame with missing welds. How about you send a truck to pick this pile of junk up and refund ALL MY MONEY INCLUDING SHIPPING or exchange this for another bike that is not soooooo defective? That would fix everything!!!!! Ive sent you pics filled out all your forms faxed you the bill of lading done everything you asked me to do and now I feel you have been stalling so my warranty will expire BEFORE you do anything?! Iam keeping ALL the messages Ive sent you and the ones you sent me and will forward them to my Attorney General.(if need be) Again Please do the right thing and honor your warranty. Returning my calls might also help? (not sure about that. Why dont you try it so we can find out?)
Again (and again) please send me the defective parts you said you would including my wheel!

Old 09-25-2016, 12:17 AM   #6

Merlin. Have you checked the Lemon Laws about this. Also the bad frame weld is a serious safety concern. You could report it to the authorities and that might get their attention

Old 09-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #7

The lemon laws are from state to state, if you purchase out of state it gets real complex.
Normally you have the obligation to return the bike to the dealer for a warranty claim. That typically would be local.
So you have your state and your rights as a consumer in your state, but you bought it technically in another state. That other state has laws that regulate the sales of motor vehicles with it.
So you actually have the obligation to return the vehicle and under the laws of the state it was purchased if they have lemon laws they have to repair it, under its warranty.
Your warranty what does it state, does it state they will come pick up the vehicle? Does it state that?
You had to return it to them within 14 days?
“If you have the vehicle in your possession for more than 14 calendar days and it has been in use, you will not be eligible for return, refund or replacement. You can send the vehicle or parts to us at your own expense; we will repair it and send it back to you at our cost”.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/articles.asp?id=133

Also any legal action would require a California Attorney and be claimed in Los Angles County court.

Your correspondence should have been a request for an RMA, that the vehicle has a bad frame weld and sent images of that. All or any other request would be unnecessary then, why list parts if the frame is bad the whole vehicle needed to be returned.
If they did not offer an RMA then you would need to return it at your cost and ask for either it be repaired or replaced.
The only damages you would have had would be the cost to return it, which you could regain in court but you would need to file that claim in California.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #8

Since Bashan bikes are federally certified as onroad bikes, perhaps you should contact the federal DOT regarding your concerns. Those recalls on large scales make the news, but there are always recalls on small scales, such as scooters, that don't make the news. My point is--those recalls come from someone like you having safety issues.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #9

just a guess, but maybe that guy was a jerk to them when he called (he was to all of us over his broken parts and bad welds that we had nothing to do with). i bought my storm from the same place, and although they were a bit slow in getting back to me (a few days), my one part that was a little cracked was shipped to me with no charge and i had it on my bike in a couple weeks ... all they asked for were pics of all sides of my bike to see that i had not crashed it and broke it that way

Old 09-25-2016, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
just a guess, but maybe that guy was a jerk to them when he called (he was to all of us over his broken parts and bad welds that we had nothing to do with). i bought my storm from the same place, and although they were a bit slow in getting back to me (a few days), my one part that was a little cracked was shipped to me with no charge and i had it on my bike in a couple weeks ... all they asked for were pics of all sides of my bike to see that i had not crashed it and broke it that way
Ive been very nice until my last email and its been going on 3 months so now my warranty is running out.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Ive been very nice until my last email and its been going on 3 months so now my warranty is running out.
if you have any proof that you started the claim before the warranty ran out, it does not matter if the time is up, they will still have to honor the warranty, so please keep all emails, photos, or call logs you may have ... then if it were me, i would send them a list of all the emails and things i had and let them know i would be turning it over to a lawyer (even if you are not) and let them know you are going to be collecting every review you can find, along with all emails you have sent/received from them and reporting them to the bbb, then really do it ... like i said, i did not have any trouble, but i used paypal so i would have backup

Old 09-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
if you have any proof that you started the claim before the warranty ran out, it does not matter if the time is up, they will still have to honor the warranty, so please keep all emails, photos, or call logs you may have ... then if it were me, i would send them a list of all the emails and things i had and let them know i would be turning it over to a lawyer (even if you are not) and let them know you are going to be collecting every review you can find, along with all emails you have sent/received from them and reporting them to the bbb, then really do it ... like i said, i did not have any trouble, but i used paypal so i would have backup
Thanks for the good advice.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
Merlin got all he deserved and perhaps not enough. His attitude is likely the reason SPS stopped communicating with him. He'll get no help from me of any kind and I would suggest the rest of the members here do the same.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:53 PM   #14

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Merlin got all he deserved and perhaps not enough. His attitude is likely the reason SPS stopped communicating with him. He'll get no help from me of any kind and I would suggest the rest of the members here do the same.
You have no idea what your talking about! I never said one hard word to those guys and you never offered any help when I was asking all your good at is talking out your back side. Please do not post your BS in my threads!!

Old 09-25-2016, 11:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
You have no idea what your talking about! I never said one hard word to those guys and you never offered any help when I was asking all your good at is talking out your back side. Please do not post your BS in my threads!!
funny, when your mouth opens I get a distinct latrine smell. my history of being helpful to everyone on this forum is WELL documented in my posts. can't say the same for you.