Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #16

Komoto Motors shows they have them

http://www.komoto-motors.com/

Old 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #17

David I bet since you worked for Hyosung your familiar with the RT125 Karion.

There is a heck of a lot of similarity with that model and a DR200 and the XP/XF200.

The tanks have relatively the same shape, but they did a real nice job reducing the side fairing and the seat.
This configuration within the XP/XF200 is inherent, in that it could be easily configured and would be appealing to some that really are not looking for a dirt bike. Considering that a 250cc is in the works then again another version of that with 250cc as well is possible.

The 200cc street bike is available in other markets and I have seen a 250cc version as well….is there an assumption at Qlink that these are not marketable in the US?

If that is the case then why not test the market? Why not bring in a limited number and see how well they sell?

I personally do not think the rear tire on the Karion needs to be that fat and would like it to be better proportioned to the front tire. But I really like the style of that bike and I know I am not alone.

It seems to me that having access to Qingqi could bring about more models, they have a weak little version of a tracker at 125cc….that style bike also has a market.

However not as a 125cc and not with the lines it currently has, but could be evolved into a 200/250cc version like the version offered by Suzuki.

Which could also support a more standard version

Which could be offered in more café style version

Lots of versions of basically the same bikes….but accommodating a variety of tastes. Keeping the price down and offering better warranty and service. I also see a 200cc/250cc line as internationally marketable. The starters in the USA are higher end bikes in other markets.

I would say that offering more and in a limited numbers is the best way to measure demand.

Maybe some people are overlooking something the entry level market is only going to buy what’s available and that may come off as a consensus in taste when in realty it just an accommodation to what is available in realty. Dealers are expert on nothing, people walk in and out all the time they are not expressing to them, its a waste of time. They know little and converse with only a few, those conversations are alway a regergitation of somehting that been said a million times before. Just offer the bike direct ship and pay them to prep the bikes. Then offer them better margins only if your sure they can sell them in their market.

Qlink is the top dog in the 50cc to 250cc range and there is a lot of crap surrounding them and the choices are all limited. I have to wonder where the powers that be in your company's heads are at, the people that believe that Qlink is an acceptable name brand to build on? I see faces crinkle every time on that brand I could careless but some people never make it past the name and its actually a manufactured obstacle and somebody thought it to be a good idea? They may want to consider the use of focus groups before choosing names they decide to use in foreign markets. Particularly for slogans which often come of grammatically confusing to many?

Maybe the cruiser will sell but the fact that they are identical to so many other products on the market is disturbing not to mention there is a potential for others to undercut the values of those, maybe the qlink sourced bikes are better but who and how will that ever be known? If vento goes under then all those bikes get discounted and your source is were? The dealer will buy and sell what version first? The ones they get cheapest?

What are they using to measure demand imports or registrations? There are bikes sitting in inventory its all inventory till its registered. I bet they count dealers as unit sales even though they bikes are sitting in showrooms with 2007 dust on them. That counting or measuring demand on all those cruiser versions…..all those different VIN numbers and all the different states. I really doubt they have their finger on real demand (registrations) they are looking at what numbers?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #18

You have gave the nice information for each bike. I like it dude, All the youngest members wants to high CC bikes. But I have seen that It had been introduced in limited country. So that Other users will not use such kind of bikes as well. Even I will also plan to get new speedy and stylist bike. I wish that I will find it easily as I thought.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #19

Oh its actually a person that does not do so good with the English.

He writes you provide good information on the bikes. All the younger members want more cc…as in they all want more power. The Suzuki was only offered to a limited market. He want a cool bike….stylish and with good power….but he is not finding what he wants.

He basically is paraphrasing me….Oh it actually a person that does not do so good with the English.

Suzuki has the TU250 offered in the USA but not the tracker….that probably good since then I would have to have it and then have to sell my XP200 to get it….they have the street version listed for 2011 but not the tracker, I actually like the BIG BOY version it has a higher seat.

I been looking at VERSYS also used ones. I just not sure what bike is right for me….the XP200 is a good bike but I really do not need a dual sport.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #20

That RT125 Karion I think is a four valve DOHC even though it is only a 125cc it rated at 15hp, notice the engine look like half the 249cc V-twin on the GT250.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #21

A street is a thoroughfare paved public street built environment.The is a public easement, one of the few shared between all sorts of people. Personally, I do not think the rear tires on Carion must be that the fat and I want to make it more proportionate to the front wheel.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
I love the XR1200!
ok that bike is drop dead sexy, if i was not set on a crotch rocket. that would deff be my style...

[quote="Oengus"]That RT125 Karion I think is a four valve DOHC even though it is only a 125cc it rated at 15hp, notice the engine look like half the 249cc V-twin on the GT250.

quote]

love the ass on this bike, but in my eyes the front end kills the look..

Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #23

I am getting more interested in twin cams, I like the sherpa and they seem to be affordable used.

or a KLX

I do not want that much more but both of these 250's offer close to 30hp. That would satisfy me.