Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #16

You must be a very talented mechanic. Even if it was only a ball of aluminum, that was an amazing deal on a 180. Your gift of lessons for your daughter shows amazing parenting and insight. Good on both of you!

BTW once you fly floats, wheels seem primitive and barbaric in comparison (except on grass :-). The sensation of floats touching down on rippled water is almost religious in its sweetness and purity.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:58 PM   #17

There was a little damage to the struts on the bottom ,I guess the old owner hit a rock in a field and kind of scared himself .He put it in his barn in 1980 and just left it there .I bought it from his son who was very happy to see it fly again ,and we have taken him up in it a few times .I got lucky and found another in a field and pretty much left for dead ,and that fellow sold me the struts and everything underneath the plane for a song ,and he had a set of new unused floats and the skis which is what I wanted as I have a few cottages and camps around .I had it certified and we have enjoyed it ever since .

Old 12-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #18

Amazing circumstances with an excellent outcome. I appreciate you took the son for a ride to let him appreciate the plane and your hard work, and doubless bring back happy memories of flying with his father.

BTW I bey you are making your own 'luck' with paying attention and working hard. Any pics? Are you on any airplane forums? Backcountrypilot.com?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #19

I retired at 35 ,I keep busy fixing up broken stuff ,and since I was about 4 or 5 I have bought and sold things ,usually broken that I fixed up and resold .
I am not on any aircraft sites ,I am not a real pilot so I guess a lot of it will be over my head .just a hillbilly with probably 3-400 hours flying time dipping into the thousands of lakes in northern ontario .
Plane is sitting at my camp with skis on it ,last night we got a foot of snow ,the lakes are not frozen yet but I will get you some pictures when I get back to camp .

Old 01-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #20

I never liked flying at night, even with the better night vision goggles. Stay safe.