Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #16

Ok ,I looked into the switch you purchased and it says it's only an on off switch ,it doesn't have a starter position .

Old 03-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #17

Very cool project. You have way more wires and plugs then you could possibly ever need. Am I correct no headlight, brake light, tail light, turn signals, horn etc etc? You have a wiring harness for a full bike or atv etc. It would be much easier and less confusing for you to build your own wire harness. Stator, cdi, regulator, starter is basically all you need. Heck you don't even need the regulator with no lights. Maybe 7 wires at the most. Stator and cdi is plug and play all colors should match and plugs should match. Cdi to coil. Power to the starter and it should run. Did I leave anything out? Or eliminate even more wires and go kick start only no electric starter.

/

Old 03-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #18

I see that engine came with everything you need. Plug everything in and touch the two starter wires together and that engine should run. You are going to have extra plugs in the harness for lights and other accessories that will not be used.

/

Old 03-13-2016, 03:16 AM   #19

I dont know what meters or test lights are/do. this is my first build and im 15, sorry for my lack of knowledge

Old 03-13-2016, 03:24 AM   #20

http://www.dansmc.com/electricaltesting.htm
AC-CDI

DC-CDI

E start system ~18:00

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-17-2016 at 04:17 AM.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:43 AM   #21

i understand that diagram, and how the solenoid, button, and battery works together. I just cant find a way to connect the solenoid's 2 wires to the push button, mainly because i dont have the push button, and if i did, i dont know how i would connect a plug into the wires that i have. its a simple problem, but i dont know how to fix it. I also have this ignition switch, and im wondering if i could somehow attach it to my starter solenoid and it could be my start button.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 AM   #22

http://postimg.cc/image/hfs6lvvt3/

Last edited by humanbeing; 04-12-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #23

thank you guys so much, i tried touching the two wires together and the starter motor start turning over, although a green wire started smoking and got burnt, even when it was touching the frame. I didnt bolt it down but i dont know if that would help. Also, i would really like a starter button instead of touching the wires everytime, could you guys send me a link that would connect to this solenoid? thank you guys.

You can see the green wire that got damaged in one of the pictures i posted.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:59 PM   #24

Any momentary contact switch will work .Do you have an electrical or electronics supplier local to you ?radio shack perhaps ?they would have what you need .Also ,any automotive parts supplier would either have in stock or be able to order a universal starter switch for you .Just wire it up between the two wires you have been jumping to get the thing running and you should be good to go .It is also completely possible to install just a reguler toggle switch or switch of your choosing ,as long as you understand you have to turn it off and leave it off when you get your buggy running you will be fine .I have seen a guy that started his van with a normal wall switch like you have in your house .He ran that for 10 years or more with no issues .

Old 03-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
Any momentary contact switch will work .Do you have an electrical or electronics supplier local to you ?radio shack perhaps ?they would have what you need .Also ,any automotive parts supplier would either have in stock or be able to order a universal starter switch for you .Just wire it up between the two wires you have been jumping to get the thing running and you should be good to go .It is also completely possible to install just a reguler toggle switch or switch of your choosing ,as long as you understand you have to turn it off and leave it off when you get your buggy running you will be fine .I have seen a guy that started his van with a normal wall switch like you have in your house .He ran that for 10 years or more with no issues .
Light switch to the solenoid , hillbilly stuff

Someone find this fellow a switch with momentary start with key.

Please pay attention to the details and don't get killed on this thing.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #26

yea i would prefer a link to a key start, but in the meantime ill use bruces method, thanks. I do have a anawalt lumber and hardware store, would they have it? and should i ask for any momentary switch? or a light switch kinda thing. for a more permanent solution, would this be what would work http://loadstarparts.com/Starter_Ign...31UaAv2z8P8HAQ

Old 03-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #27

wait, so i wouldn't even have a starter solenoid? i would just a have switch connecting the starter motor wire and the positive battery lead wire? in my case the black and red wires.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #28

and i already bought a ignition switch but i dont see a way to connect it to my setup, is it totally useless? i bought this http://www.amazon.com/GOOFIT-Wires-I...gnition+switch

Old 03-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #29

Cole Hersey M485 will work perfectly for you .Try an auto parts store .

Old 03-14-2016, 06:39 PM   #30

thank you so much! Now i can get to the fun parts of the build, fuel pump setup, back axle, throttle, clutch and shifter. I might need help with those aswell, but it will at least be easy fixes